Receiver defaults to analog if no digital?

mack mckinnon
Unregistered guest
Can someone suggest an audio receiver that will default a component channel to analog input if no digital signal is present? For example, I have both the analog RCA cables and assigned optical digital from my digital TV routed into "TV/SAT" component. When I am watching a channel with analog audio only, the receiver takes that. If digital, it takes that. Digital gets top choice, then defaults to analog if no digital.

The Sony SRR-DE897 claims to do this but I bought one and sent it back. The feature did not work, it would not default to analog.

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 75
Never buy Sony receivers, the ES line is good, but not in camparison to others at the same price point.

What you are describing should be possible with any receiver, even that Sony you had. (Don't buy it back though)

All you need to do is assign the optical signal to one input, usually Opt 1,2,etc. and the analog signal to another, usually video 1,2, etc. Manually switch between the two for the different input types.

What kind of speakers do you have, that always helps when recommending receivers.

mack mckinnon
Unregistered guest
>Manually switch between the two for the >different input types.

I can already do that with the old Pioneer receiver I already have. What I want is to be able to put both analog and digital input cables to one labeled component (such as "TV") on the receiver. The receiver will then detect what kind of signal it is getting & take digital if it is getting digital and default to analog if it is not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us