Need help!!! polk RM 6800 vs. klipsch Quintet

daven9999
Unregistered guest
hey audiophiles...I need help...I'm looking for a surround system...I havent bought a reciever either...anyone know which surround package is better? and which reciever would go well with them??? for recievers I was looking for something that is 7.1 and in the 350-450 range.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 853
I am not trying to tell you what to do but in that receiver price range I would be more concerned about getting a 5.1 channel receiver that can really provide really great performance on movies and music and still have two speakers that can be assigned to second room or B speaker usage if need be. The perfect choice in that range with the speakers you mentioned is the Marantz 5400 which can be had from hifi.com at $449. This is a true powerhouse for the money and puts many recievers at twice the price to shame. A true measured 105 watts with 5 channels driven. As to the speaker question of the two I prefer the Polks. Klipsch are too bright for my taste but if you like them they would go well with the Marantz. For your budget you will not do better.

daven9999
Unregistered guest
I saw a couple of recievers that looked pretty good...the HK 235, pioneer 1014 and the yamaha 5760. Is marantz better than all of these? All i want the reciever for is for movies and tv, not going to be used in another room. I'd prefer it to be able to run 7.1 but I will only have it as 5.1 to start. Which one would the polks go the best with?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us