Marantz sr4500 with wharfedale diamonds?????????

Username: Impala

Post Number: 3
hi! anyone have this setup or any marantz/diamond setup? will they make a good match overall??

this will be my first(if they're a good match) stereo/ht set-up so i don't want to make a mistake in choosing my components. i would use them for 70% music and 30% movies.

i have decided on the marantz sr4500 because it sounded great to me when i auditioned it with mordaunt sub/sat(a bit, bit bright 4 me)and gale(has ayone tried these speakers?).

i like towers for my fronts so auditioned wharfedale 8.4 but it was powered by a yamaha(a bit harsh when they played some techno stuff). the thing is i can't seem to find a marantz dealer that sells wharfedales here in manila,philippines so i can't really hear it for myself. i would appreciate any comment on these setup.

any other speaker suggestions within this price?(i'm on a tight budget). the wharfedale 8.4 sells for around $160 here, and the wharfedale 9.5(haven't auditioned it yet) for around $215.

thanks in advance!!!

hiralal
Unregistered guest
Ask Designer Audio. They're the guys who distribute Wharfeys in India. They keep grey market Marantz receivers. I presume you are in Mumbai.

Username: Impala

Post Number: 4
tnx hiralal! but i'm from the philippines.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 409
booker....I think you will be quite pleased. I have the Diaond 8.3, 8.1 setup thru a Kenwood Sovereign receiver. I am quite happy with this combo and I would imagine the Marantz would be a lovely combo with these speakers. Good listening!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us