Recievers online

newbie9999
Unregistered guest
just wondering if anyone has ever bought a reciver online. I looked at some prices and it seems they are chaper by 100-150 than most places like best buy, circuit city..etc. Are these places selling new stuff?? or is it all a scam?? anyone with horror stories???

Anonymous

try reputable ones that are authorized e-tailers, ie. J&R, OneCall, Vanns, ac4l, or even eCost. while we're on the subject, please help me narrow down whether to get the Pio 1014, Onkyo 602, HK 335, or a Marantz x500? my budget is $500 and I'll be using mostly for HT in a med-sized rm
thanks!

newbie9999
Unregistered guest
I'm in the same boat, trying to get a new one, I'm looking at the pio 1014 and yamaha 5760, im in a small room and using it for HT as well. From what ive been seeing looks like marantz 500 and pio 1014 are great, some have said that the pio is over-rated and the 5670 is the way to go. depends on your speakers as well.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 827
For under $500 you can't beat the Marantz 5400. See hifi.com as they have it for $449.

Unregistered guest
Have you ever heard of NEW YORK WHOLESALE AUDIO/VIDEO. They have NAD T761 for $600.00. Are they for real?? Also, if a RECEIVER's output is 8 ohms, my speakers are 6 ohms, what possible problems can there be ???.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 251
The T761 is pretty old and is likely lacking some features; be careful.

If your speakers are 6 ohms, get a receiver that is rated for that. A friend of mine was sold Magnat speakers (4 ohms) with an Onkyo receiver (8 ohms) and it sounded thin, no dynamics and no bass at all. We tried my h/k avr-325 and it was night and day. He is now waiting for a NAD T752 being shipped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us