Dali Blue 3003

Username: Shahrukhd

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

Till last week I had pretty much decided that the budget speakers for my small living room would be the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s coupled with a budget Marantz SR4400 it all seemed kosher till I spotted the Dali Blue 3003 floorstander. I've always wanted a floorstander but the small dimensions of my room prevnted this. The Dali's with their slender design seem to fit in. I've heard them, though not long enough. Need to know more from you guys. Also are there any other floorstanders in these dimensions which produce a brilliant souind?

Username: Cube20

Mum, Ji Ind

Post Number: 3
hey dude me too from mumbai. I thnk u saw the dalli in the av max inm hyatt. well i was there too. and actually i am more confused than ever. Dalli is a good one but havent heard personal reviews on it. u should also try the KEFs creata 30 which is 22,000. And they were teh only speaker i heard with my type of music that rock and pop.. actualy i heard eagles(NO it wasnt hotel california).I was disppointed as all the brands were being demo with jazz and a high end valve amps.The Kef creata was demoed on a simple denon and some eagles songs.Its eally hard to judge an speaker when they demo it that way.and yes Jazz does make a desent speakers sound really good.I was really impressed with the PSB 2b and ppl on this forums have really high regard for them. I wanna get hold of the paradigms. do u know where i can get it in mumbai. i heard they are out of the world with that price and i have a yamaha and the paradigms go well with them.You should also consider the jamos,B&w Bookselevesand the psb. ne ways hope to hear from u

Post Number: 2
Divi,
I've seen the paradigms at Heerapanna. You could also try LaKozy. Yup I saw the Dalis at the Hyatt. What bowled me over was their size. (The KEFs are much larger). How much do a decent pair of paradigms cost? Are they under 25k? The Dali's stretch my budget but I think they're worth it.

Username: Cube20

Mum, Ji Ind

Post Number: 4
I have no clue on the paradigms.will try la kozy>frankly i dint see the dali's with that interest.I will look at them again. apparently the paradigms in the US are a steal as they are really good speakers for the price.I really dont know how much it costs here.., i feel like most brands it will be a bit more pricy.If u have heard the dali and liked it u should go for it.BUt i have a suggestion.. try comparing them with some other speakers if its possible. It very difficuilt to judge a speker in a audio show and they have state of the art amps and cable

Post Number: 3
I guess ur right. I had tried the Wharfedale Diamonds with almost every budget amp possible. Marantz, Cambridge, Sherwood, Yamaha, even Pulz. The Dalis not that much. The soundsmiths (dealers) offer a home demo service which I'm gonna try. Let's see how that turns out. AV Max, last month reviewed the Dalis. They gave it a 4/5. Not bad, but I still want to be convinced by listening to them myself. Meanwhile I'm still looking for more people who have heard the Dalis in a budget set up.

Username: Ojoi

Post Number: 2
well hello guys.
dali makes good speakers, but the 3003 is not recomended, it does not fill up the room due to it's size, the soundstage is not that good, bass is a problem too, you just can't get the bass out of 5'' drivers. imaging is soso...
even the 6006 is not good, it is quite muddy and boomy. i personally don't prefer the dali blue series.
concept 6 is good it give a better sound stage, imaging and a tighter bass not a boomy bass, but the soundsmith guys will make you beleive that blue series is good and better than the concept, blue is from denmark and concept is made in china, infact that does not make a differnce so don't go by there words, remember they are there to do business with you, so they will push what they have in stock first and concept series is a new product from dali. but one should go by it's ears and not what you read on these forums. reveiews are sold not actually auditioned, you make speakers ...put an advertisement in the magazine and they review your product and give some flase ratings...pure bullshit.
the above thing is my thoughts and they have been judged by me when i have had a extensive audition of 6006, 3003, and concept 6 with cambridge audio duo 640 and 540, and also with marantz sr 6300 and nad 352 cd player.
infact if you guys can just increase your budget or buy one thing at a time, so that you don't regret when you have that extra money in hand.
right now what you guys are talking about , is a no mans land...nither here nor there...so don't compromise now and go in for a cheaper product.
my suggestion go one step at a time and you won't regret.
wharfedale gives a commercial sound, i mean just like the hi-fi system you get , all in one.
shahrukh you can try nad combo at lakozy they are a respectable pair and go in for heybrook H2 speakers it is a bookshelf , but hear them at lakozy you won't regret.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hey thanks Jeo,
That was a great bit of advice. The reason the Dalis appealed to me was their small footprint. With my tiny room size my dreams of owning a floorstander were quashed, but then I saw this speaker. But I guess you're right. I'm going in for a demo this weekend. Only then will I decide. Heybrook's good? I heard the .5's but was a bit dissapointed. Am waiting to audition the Wharfedale 9s though. Let's see. They promise a lot. But then again, like you said. Reviews are nothing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us