Receiver Question

dloweman
Unregistered guest
I am considering getting a new receiver and can swing around 8-900 Canadian. I can get the
denon 1905 for $700
denon 2105 for $900
NAD T743 for $750
Yamaha RXV750 for $800

I currently have Paradigm Monitor 7's with the cc370 and paradigm titans as rears. I was wondering if i should get one of these receivers, or wait probably 8 months (need to save up) and get a yamaha 1500, denon 2805, or NAD T753? I currently have a kenwood VR705 which has 5X100, DTS receiver. I listen to about 50/50 HT, music mix. I only said these brands cause they seem to match the best with paradigm. Thanks for any input you have
Derek

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 246
I find buying a receiver in Canada frustrating because of all the great prices you see in the US. So for myself, I don't mind complicating my warrnty situation for a great deal. www.ecost.com have the Denon 1905 factory refurbished for C$450 shipped to your door. They also have the 2105. I ordered the 1905 for my mother, but cancelled after it was back-ordered for 3 weeks. But maybe they have it in by now. Call and ask. I got a NAD T742 for US$399 instead.

As for NAD, a few days ago (right after I bought a NAD for my mother) I also a bought a factory refurbished T752 with 2-year warranty by NAD Canada, on ebay, for C$637 shipped. This was for a friend; Had I known about this I wouldn't have bought the T742 from the States. They seems to sells one every few weeks; look at "completed listings", and look for new auctions every now and then.

Some people prefer to pay double and buy from a local dealer so they can return it if they have problems with it. As for me, half-price is a good enough reason to buy elsewhere; it allows me to buy better gear.

Peter

dloweman
Unregistered guest
Peter,
I know what you mean about it being more expensive here. I have looked at ecost and really wonder if i would want to save money, but compromise warranty, such a big decision, thanks for the advice though, I will consider.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 248
When it becomes a two-for-one price, you can always think there's enough money for a new one if it ever fails completely. Plus, there is still a warranty; you just need to deal with the US distributor.

So far so good on my h/k. I got a Hsu sub from the Canadian distributor at a price competitive with the US, so no issue there. If you buy a NAD refurb on ebay.ca, there's no problem since NAD is Canadian. But I'd buy Denon or h/k from the US...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us