Yamaha 1500 , 5760, or 1400 please help...

Username: Myadrew

San jose, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
I decided to go with Yamaha with JBL speakers. I need help to decide which receiver i'm going to buy. The price is not much difference and I tried to find a review for 1500 and can't find any. Please help??? thank you

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 792
The 1500 is too new to be reviewed so look for reviews of the 1400. They will sound the same and have very similar features. The Perfect Vision had a review of the 1400 a couple issues ago and you can see reviews of the 1400 at the review section of this forum. Are you sure you want a Yamaha with the bright JBL's. Not the best combo IMO but it's your money. Good luck.

Username: Myadrew

San jose, Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
Thank you therealelitefan.Could you recommend a receiver that will work with my speaker?? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 794
The Yamaha's are not bright like in the past, just thin. For JBL I think you would be better served by Pioneer 1014, Elite vsx52 or 54, Marantz 5400,6400 or 7400 and H/K 330 on up. I don't think the 1400 would be terrible and if you like that combo then go for it but the others warmer and fuller soundstage is a better match IMO. Check them out and let your ears decide.

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 176
It might be nice to demo some of the models listed above if two channel sound is important to you.

If you will primarily be using the set-up for movies, the Yamaha would probably serve you very well. It has lots of features, including good DSP modes, silent cinema, YPAO and multiroom options.

Harman Kardon's new AVR435 or the Marantz SR5400 or SR6400 would be warm, full sounding receivers that would match your JBL's nicely.

Username: Bobby_t

Post Number: 2
Just an fyi. J&R has the 5760 and 5790 marked down pretty cheap.

Username: Movies_only

Post Number: 1
im setting up a room to watch dvd movies only (i have separate room for music listening). thinking of getting yamaha rxv1500 receiver with klipsch speakers (RF25(2),RC25,RS25(2),RW10 sub). my room is 15'x18' & 11' high. i can get it all for $1865 plus ship. does anyone have any suggestions, advice, comments, etc about this combination? will the combo be too bright? if so, any alternatives that would still keep me in price range of under $2000 for receiver & speakers? thanks, i appreciate any and all advice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us