Speaker Poll?

Username: Inert

Post Number: 2
in everyone's opinion, and i'm sure this can have a wide array of answers;for under $10,000, what do you consider the best all around loudspeaker system for HT as well as pure music enjoyment. also when i say music i mean the best all around from symphony to rap. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 57
Cerwin Vega

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 203
10K$ just for speakers? Or for electronics as well?

Post Number: 3
just speakers. thank you for the response.i will most likely drive the system with an Anthem preamp system.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 208
If it were me and I had a very large room, I'd get some Heritage Klipsch off ebay or audiogon. Something like:

Klipschorns left and right (2-3K)
Belle as center (1K if you can find a single one)
La Scala as surrounds (1.5-2K)

You could go 6.1 if you got a pair of Belle's and used the second as rear.

Add a 2K sub and you're set for about 7K$. You could probably do it for less.

I'll be criticized to death for this on this non-Klipsch forum, but that's what I think.

Peter

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 123
Totem Mani-2 main speakers at front
Totem Model 1 Centre
Totem Model 1 rears
REL Strata 5 sub or Totem Thunder sub if you can squeeze it into the $10000.

Musically the Mani-2s are in a class all their own and they go down all the way to 28hz - amazing bass irrespective of size! The centre is excellent and the little Model-1's are excellent as well as usefully small. I am in the UK so my prices may be higher than yours since Totem are Canadian. Very definitely well worth a look in my view.

On thing though - they're very difficult to drive so you will need a very powerful power amp or preferably separate power amps for the fronts and surrounds to guarantee juice to the appropriate speakers.

regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 4
Thank you both i will look into all of them. I will definitely go high end preamp with a 7.1 setup.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 217
Or 2 hours left to bid on this Klipsch Reference system:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=61378%26item%3D5729678294 %26

There are no bids, so make him an offer after. :-)

See what they are at www.klipsch.com

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesp

Mansfield , TX USA

Post Number: 76
If you have the space for them look into MArtin Logan's. I listened to the Ascents in a 5.1 setup playing a Diana Krall concert and the sound was phenomenal. The theater center channel was incredibly transparent and detailed. IMO the best centerchannel out there considering it's $2500 price tag. You could go down a notch or two in the ML line to meet your budget requirements. For the type of bass you are looking for SVS might be right up your ally.

Post Number: 6
Small world James, i listened to the ML and Sonus Faber recently. Diana Krall was surreal on the SF, but a little too crisp on the ML. Peter, thank you for the link. This might sound strange but the only problem i have with Klipsch is they convey this top dollar, old world, German meisterpiece persona and they are built by immigrants in Arkansas, i just worry about the quality down the road.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 229
Built by immigrants in Arkansas? I won't touch that one...

I don't know about the quality of the new stuff, but my Klipsch are 31 years-old and as good as new.

Post Number: 7
and i will guarantee they were made in Deutschland, Peter i did not make that statement in belligerence trust me, but that is fact. I will say this, if you are someone who has been into high end audio that long then your opinion definitely carries credence.Thanks again

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 235
Travis, which are made in Deutschland?
Sonus Faber is Italian, ML and Klipsch are American. These days, I know that Klipsch heritage speakers and the Reference series are still made in Hope, but it's quite like that the Synergy line and below are made abroad. You seem to be implying that, while built in the US, they employ unskilled immigrant workers. Is that what you are saying, or am I misunderstanding you?

Anyway, you'd be amazed at the durability of the heritage line. It's common to find 20 to 30 year old ones on ebay or audiogon.

Post Number: 9
misunderstood i think. the origins of Klipsch or the "theory" of the design anyway is German. MBL is profoundly German. And yes thus far i love SF. Is what i hear regarding Maggie Mg 20.1 tweeter ribbons needing to be replaced yearly accurate? i don't mean to bounce around but i am about to spend a great deal of money on my dream system and i am looking for an esoteric sound. TY

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 236
Travis,

Klipsch was started by Paul W. Klipsch in Hope Arkansas about 60 years ago. There's nothing German about it.

http://www.klipsch.com/newscenter/founder.aspx

Post Number: 10
Well Peter i have to eat crow, but here's the part i think you will like the most. I decided to visit a local high end store and auditioned some new Klipsch, LOL i walked out purchasing the Ultra 2 THX system for the HT, then i fell in love with the Klipschorns so much i bought them as well and will dedicate another room for simply music. My wife is gonna kill me! I just spent a fortune but OMG at the sound!!!!! Thanks

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 237
Wow, that's incredible!

Congratulations! Those Kliphorns will litterally last a lifetime! Great sub too!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us