Receiver Paradigm Reference Studio 100 Series 5.1 System

Anonymous

Please advise on best receivers for Paradigm Reference Studio 100 series 5.1 system. 50/50 music and movie use. Initial though was Pioneer Elite VSX56TXI (110 W), however, I am concerned whether this will supply enough power. My budget does not allow me to spend thousand's, is there something efficient enough in the $1,500-$2,000 range? Thanks for any help...

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 783
The Elite has plenty of power to drive most any speaker to ear splitting levels and the Studio 100 is no acception. As much as I love the Elite's I would not recommend it with any Paradigm. To me it is not a good match sonically as both are on the warm side. I would suggest the Rotel receivers and the best being the 1067. Perfect sonic match, tons of power, great looks and just a real killer. Arcam would also be a consideration but I have heard the Rotel/Paradigm combo and really like it very much.

Anonymous

Thank you, appreciate the advise.

Bronze Member
Username: Sound_advice

Post Number: 64
Your budget of $1500-2000 is that in Cnd or US dollars?

I guess around that price point you'd have to look at;

Arcam AVR 250/300
Rotel 1056/1067
Nad T773 (Listen to it first, see if you can live with it's hiss and hum at low volumes, appart from that it's also a great sounding receiver)

Any of these receivers will sound great in both stereo or Home Theater and are also a great match with the Paradigm. Hope this helps a little

Anonymous

USD, thank you for the assistance.

Bronze Member
Username: Mgkaplan

Calabasas, CA USA

Post Number: 88
ARCAM AVR 300
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us