Pioneer and Harman Kardon

Username: Morganrm15

Post Number: 1
I stumbled upon this great forum while searching for prices. I think you can help me better than best buy so here goes. The guy at best buy suggested a Yamaha for the speakers but my friend says I need a darker reciever for my bright speakers. I've narrowed my choice down to two warmer recievers (at least i think they are):
Pioneer 1014
Harman Kardon AVR 330

Will I be fine with any of these two or is one clearly a winner. My ears like them both but I am new to audiophile sound. I want to make sure that as my ears mature i will still be happy with my choice.

Post Number: 2
I tried the Harman Kardon at circuit city and my uncle just bought the pioneer. I cant tell which is better because Im not sure what to listen for.

Post Number: 3
I just read Christophers thread about a really good deal for a Marantz 5400 ($404). I know Marantz is a good namke in audio...is this also worth a look

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 173
I would give the overall sound nod to the Marantz SR5400 over the HK AVR330 and the Pioneer. I would buy the HK AVR430 over the Marantz though if I could find one around $500.

Both the Marantz and Harman Kardon are warm sounding receivers with a decent feature set and have very good reliability.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us