HK AVR430 or AVR525? Please advice!!

Username: Tier0605

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 4
Guys, help needed again!
I have the opportunity to purchase either the Harman Kardon AVR430 or the AVR525. Which one would you recommend and reasons?
Thanks a lot in advance! Help is greatly appreciated!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 47
They're really similar, the 525 has a little more power, but the 430 is a model newer and may have a little better feature set.

The 430 is better looking and the remote is better IMO (I own the 430 - great receiver)

Chris in CA
Unregistered guest
Here's another question: AVR430 or AVR630

OR wait till the 435/635 come out? What's the diff?

TIA

oops, nevermind ... googled it and found:
http://www.audioholics.com/cedia/cedia2004/harmankardonAVRreceivers.php

Username: Gr1m

Post Number: 5
budget?

Bronze Member
Username: Tier0605

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 20
If you ask me, all depends on whether you want the best receiver or the best receiver for the value. At this point, since the 30 series is being discontinued in favor of the 35 series, the 30 series offers the best value by far because you will find very good prices on any of the models in the 30 series.
While the 35 series is probably better, its not like the 30 series is terrible. Until the 35 series came out, the 30 series were considered easily among the better receivers out there by far. And I am not entirely convinced I could tell the difference between the EzSetup in the 35 series vs the EzSetup in the 30 series.
Another point to keep in mind is while the receiver makes a difference in your entire audio setup, the speakers ultimately are the most dominant factor as far as how the sound comes across. If you use a crappy receiver, then good speakers are useless, but if you use a good receiver, then the speakers become the bigger factor. So why not save the money by going with the recently discontinued line of the 30 series and using the saved money to upgrade the speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 49
If it were me I'd go with the AVR 430. The additional features, newer model, improved appearance, and similar power ratings of the 525 makes me lean in that direction.

Bronze Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 50
I meant "... ratings of the 330..."

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 90
The ONLY difference between the 430 and 630 is the extra 10 watts per channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us