HKavr330 vs HK avr430 which one?

Username: Tier0605

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me out. Apart from the slight wattage difference between the harman kardon avr330 and the avr430, I couldnt find any difference between the two. It seems like both have multi room audio capability either through the 2 channels not used (if using 5.1 mode instead of 7.1mode) or you can use the A/B option as well. There is an RS232 port on the avr430, which I am not sure the use for.
Which one of the two would you recommend and why? there is about $100 difference in the price of the two models.

Silver Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 107
With the same brand, buy the most watts you can afford.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 881
The AVR430 is a clear winner here. I once analyzed those two models and came out with a 30 spot list of differences between the two. Look at the specs and especially the weight of the units, the 430 is much beefier and shares the design with AVR630, while the 330 has same costruction as 130, 230.

Username: Tier0605

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 3
Thanks guys, I think I am going to get the AVR430. Has anyone purchased a receiver online at Etronics.com?

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 173
It's strange that the 2003 avr-325 weights in at 40 lbs and the 2004 avr-330 comes in at 30.6 lbs. I always wondered about that...

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 882
In Europe the 325 was sold as 4550 so here it's like the predecessor of 430.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 176
Cool! That makes me feel even better about my purchase! :-)

Peter
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us