Newbie Receiver Help, - Denon, Integra, Pioneer Elite

Username: Busyborn

Post Number: 2
i am a newbie and looking for receiver help, i am looking to buy my first A/V receiver and i think i have it narrowed to to the Denon 2805, Pioneer Elite VSX55, or Integra 6.5. i would like to use the system mainly for 85% music and 15% home theater. i am also looking at speakers, the speakers i am looking at are the Klipch Bookshelves Reference RB-35, the Klipsch Satelite Reference RSX-5, the Bohlender-Graebener Z series bookshelves and the Monitor Audio Silver Series Bookshelves. please offer any suggestions on which receiver might best go with which speaker or if you have any other suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 735
If you decide on any Klipsch the Elite is by far the best match as the warmness of the Elite helps take the edge off the brightness of Klipsch. The Integra would be the next best choice and Denon and Klipsch are a poor match IMO. I would rank them in that order for the MA's also; in fact that's exactly my system [Elite 45 and MA Silver] and it's a terrific combo. I cannot comment on the Bohlender-Graebener as it is not available in my area and thus I've never heard them. I would urge you to pick the MA's over the Klipsch as Klipsch is very fatiquing over time, at least to my ears. Good luck.

Post Number: 3
thanks for the response elitefan. i am leaning towards the Elite 54 and stuck between the Klipsch and MA for spreakers. i have added one receiver to the mix, the Rotel 1056. from reading the previous posts it appears the Rotel excels on 2 channel audio. how does it do with DVD-A and SACD and which speaker does the Rotel go with the best. i am going to purchase the Denon DVD-2910.

thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 747
I would get the MA's no matter if you get the Elite and especially if you get the Rotel. The Klipsch is just too harsh to be paired with Rotel. Rotel makes great receivers. Very powerful, unbeatable build quality. Elite and Rotel use the same DAC's but I am not sure which DSP's Rotel uses. If the Rotel has everything that meets your needs it would be hard to beat a Rotel/MA combo IMO.

Post Number: 4
Elite, thanks for the advise. i purchased my system today,

Rotel 1056
MA Silver S2 Fronts
MA Silver S1 Rears
MA SLCR Center
MA FB-210 Sub
Hitachi 50VS810 Rear Projection LCD

i can't wait until it is delivered and i have it set up. i think it is going to be a great system.

thanks for your help

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 323
Nice system :-)
I would agree with elitefans breakdown of the above, I think you will be quite happy with this combo

Silver Member

Post Number: 755
Great choices. Should sound very good after the MA's break in. It might sound a bit bright at first but give the MA's 50-60 hours of break in time and they smooth out quite a bit. The Rotel is a awesome receiver. Good job.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us