McIntosh XRT28

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 311
Has anyone else heard this system, I went to a local NAD dealer to shop for a cd player. Just for Sh*ts and giggles I listened to these speakers with a complete McIntosh tube amp set up and Naim cd player. What a blast that was even though I don't have near the money it would take to put it together. One word to describe it: OHMYGOD

Incredible speakers
check it out
http://www.stereoexchange.com/catalogue/product.cfm/hurl/id=273/categoryid=61

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

I guess nobody believes me when I tell you Mac is a line to listen to whether old or new. Mac speakers have always been an aquired taste as they never played the HiFi games of most other speaker manufacturers but, like their amps, just played music incredibly well. Mac speakers have always been somewhat difficult to drive, sucking up large amounts of power, but well worth the listen. They are capable of many hours of listening without the east bit of fatigue. The line source design they have been using for the past few years is a way to get the benefits of a minimonitors imaging and soundstaging with the bass that you otherwise have to give up. They are awesome sound.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 312
Ahhhhh champagne taste and a beer pocket book my father has always said...lol

Wonderful experience that I might have one day, something to look forward to I suppose.

J. Vigne....I see why you praise this manufacturer, it was my first experience with McIntosh and also with tube amps. I don't recall the actual model # for the amps and such but they were something like VFT. I listened to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon both on Vinyl and CD, whew man I have a lot of learning and saving to do :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us