Need help with HT speakers......

Username: Snichols

Indiana USA

Post Number: 4
I'm looking to set up my first "real" home theater & I want to keep it under $2g's. I've been looking at 3 brands, Klipsch Reference (RF15, RS25, & RC25), Polk Audio (doesn't matter which models...please advise), & Axioms (Millenia M50ti's, QS4's, & VP100 center). I would like to pair whatever I get with an SVS sub, but I also wanted to know how the subs from Axiom are (EP175), because they have "HT packages" that have the sub included & would like to know how they perform, I'd be using it for almost 100% movies. Please help a newbie at this HT stuff & lemme know whatchya think about these speakers & if you have any other suggestions on other brands...please, by all means, throw in your $.02!!! Thanx for your help

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 283
Stephen...you mention a budget but what components do you have now?

Username: Snichols

Indiana USA

Post Number: 5
Right now, all I have is an old Bose Lifestyle 12 Series 1 system. It does "OK" for now, but I've heard the Synergy series speakers at BestBuy (they have an SF3 package there that comes with SF3's x2, SS3's x2, SC3 x1, Yamaha receiver, & the KSW12 sub all for $1249). It sounds like a pretty decent system, at least at their little soundboard, I figured it would sound better in my house. Or, I have the funds to buy some Axiom speakers, or the Polk RTi's or upgrade the Synergy to the Reference series & then buy a good valued receiver, such as Pioneer, HK, Onkyo, etc. Any advice would be appreciated...thanx :-)

Chris F
Unregistered guest
I just bought the Polk RTi's after some extensive research and listening. I also considered the Athenas which are also good IMO(Im not audiophile or anthing tho) I could not be more happy with the choice. Since you are in Indiana you might be able to find he RTi on cleanrence at ABC warehouse. ABC seems to going the Circuit City route, dropping the RTi's for the new Monitor series. I plan on running my RTi's with the Harmon Kardon 630, the 630 should get real cheap soon($500 or so) as soon as the 635(5 line) starts hitting the shelves.

Good luck! And have fun!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us