PARADIGM System Two - Looking for a matching A/V Receiver

From Idaho
Unregistered guest
Got lost in the review jungle and upgraded my old yamaha rx500 to onkyo601 paired with paradigm system2 (=titan+cc170+adp170+pdr10).

Unfortunately, the laid-back paradigms and the lifeless onkyo601 turned out to be a disappointing combination. I am planning to upgrade the 601 to either nad or denon-3805 or yamaha rx-v750, and I have $1k to spend. Which of nad, yamaha, denon are known to be the better matches for paradigm speakers? What about other A/V brands?

Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 723
If you have $1000 and are looking at those three which I would agree match well with Paradigm I suggest the NAD 753 or 763, Denon 2805 and the Yamaha 1500 or 2500. I would audition them all but I personally like the NAD first, then Yamaha, then Denon. Good luck.

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 156
I would say the NAD hands down for the best sound with the Paradigms. T753 or T763. Rotel 1056 would be another good match for near $1000.

I would say the Yamaha RX-v2400/RX-v2500 or the Denon 2805 or 3805 would be a very distant third of those listed. I know many people match Paradigm with Denon. I haven't been real impressed with that match.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 64
Been using NAD T752 with my Paradigm Studio 20 v3s for almost a year now and the combination has been excellent! Have to thank Hawk for helping me in my research for I bought both the NAD and the Studios as upgrades and couldn't be happier... Music is my #1 use..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us