NAD T762 firmware?

Username: Psychor

Post Number: 2
Hi,

I own a NAD T762 and am quite happy with it. Recently, however, I ran into an odd occurance with my unit (might post about this later) and one of the first things I began looking into was firmware and how to check/update it. I found out how to check it via this forum - I am running v1.20. However, I have never updated firmware on a home theater component and was wondering what all was involved in such a process.

I bought my unit from an authorizied dealer out of state via telephone. Can I take my unit to any authorized NAD dealer to have it updated? Can I do it myself? Is there typically a fee associated with such an update?

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Mitchbd

Post Number: 32
Psychor;

Any authorized NAD dealer will be able to upgrade your firmware for you. There may be a nominal fee charged for such update - not sure what that might be though ($30 - $50 ??? my guess). At present we (customers) are not able to update firmware ourselves. I had a good chat with a NAD rep, and explained that I have (had) a 763, with the PC interface connected, and a good deal of experience. He said that NAD wasn't in a position to support that yet (might cause more problems than solutions) - but they are continuing to think about it.

SO - take unit in to a dealer, and have it upgraded. Should be worth it. Also see thread below about updates... and good luck!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/105589.html

BTW - what was your problem??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us