Amp to go with NHT super audio

Anonymous

which amp can bring out the best from the NHT. if i go for the NHT SB1 for the front and back, center sc1 with a 10" sub sw-10. would that be ok for a 25sq meter room size. the use will be for HT mainly. im considering the fronts with surround instead of floor standing speaker because i heard that for HT this setup is ok since the bass will be taken care of by the sub, but if i listen to music it may not as good. can anybody let me know more about this. also does the bass of the front floor standing speaker differ from the sub bass. sorry for so many questions. thankyou

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1695
Let see a budget first. Then we go with what you can get for that price.

Anonymous

not over 2000 dollars

Anonymous

still waiting for a response

Anonymous

anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 840
How much does those speakers cost?

The Pioneer 1014TX would be a good pick for anything.

Anonymous

I have the SB2 (front), SC1 (center) and the SB1 (rear) paired with the HK525. Have this set-up for the last couple of years and still love the sound for both HT and music. I'm not sure if you can still get the HK525, but the 630 is the replacement.

Bronze Member
Username: Nm2285

Delaware

Post Number: 39
The HK 525 is a very nice choice because it has ample power to drive the relatively power hungry speakers and i'ts warmer sounding which combats the overly-bright sound of the NHTs when paired with a bright receiver.
Also look at Pioneer Elite, Marantz, and NAD. NAD would be my first choice (T763 or T773).

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 306
You have a great budget and there are many choices within this range. I would suggest the H/K, Pioneer Elite, Kenwood Sovereign (I have this one), NAD, Rotel, Sunfire, B & K

Note....some of these are well within the $2k and some are on the cusp. The top of those mentioned imo would be b&k, sunfire and rotel

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 307
then nad, pioneer, and last kenwood

Anonymous

thanks for all the comments. I would like a amp which has the tape monitor function since i will hook up my bose 901s for music only. which brand of amp will work optimally with the NHT super audios. I liked the NADs but i have heard about the hiss problem so im not too sure about it. waiting for reply thanks again.

ebo
Unregistered guest
I just purchased a pioneer 1014 i also have nht superone.Was using a yamaha 790 the sound from the 1014 is far superior.Love the combo the 1014 will be going in another room .Was looking for other speakers to run with this,now i am going to purchase some more nht speakers with sub.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1768
The few complaints about the NAD hiss problems on this board is not indicative of the product line, if you like the NAD then go for it.

Anonymous

the questions are:
normally a hometheater setup includes a pair of floorstanding for the fronts, a center, a pair of surround speaker for the back and a subwoofer to complete a 5.1 setup,
-what if the floorstanding was replaced with a surround speaker for the fronts. and i used the subwoofer to compensate for the lack of bass. whould that be ok if i am having this set up for HTonly. Is there a difference in bass from the floor standing speaker and the subwoofer.
-when it comes to music i have the 901s bose which i can use with the a,b speaker switch. will the nad be ok for this set up or the marantz or any other.
any replys would be appreciated. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us