Problems with Denon DV-2200

Bronze Member
Username: Kalda01

Post Number: 43
I am having SACD playback problems with a DENON DV-2200. Some discs will not play and the display says "No Play". Just bought The WHO's TOMMY deluxe edition, and the first disc will not play, while the 2ed disc plays only tracks 1-8 but no track beyond that.
Can someone tell me what is wrong ?
(I also have a Pioneer DV-563A which play TOMMY without a hitch.

Username: Ednmod

Dallas, TX USA

Post Number: 6
I had problems with the Tommy SACD as well. Returned three or four of the Tommy Sacd and all skipped in different places. Have not tried it for a while. They also make a Tommy DVD-Audio. I have not tried that as well. Other wise the unit works very well. There are some firmware updates to be obtained from denon. To get a form go to Audioholics.com go to the bottom of the home page and click on archives, then click on May 2 then click on Denon DVD Firmware. You can get a form to get the updates.

Username: Phaedrus

Post Number: 4
Hello,
I also have the 2200...BUT...my DVD issues are different ones:

My 2-disc set of "First Blood"...player won't play the fullscreen one.

My "Top Gun" DVD...player won't load the fullscreen option.

Finally, my "Bugs Life" DVD...player doesn't like the widescreen option.

Anyone else have these problems? Maybe even one or more of these very DVDs to try. Perhaps this firmware thing will help me? I hope it's that easy.

Joe

Username: Ednmod

Dallas, TX USA

Post Number: 9
I am not sure if your player has a problem, but what I do know about the 2200 is that what ever aspect ratio you have it set for(4:3 or 16:9)to play on your tv thats all you can do. I have the Denon 2200 connected to my Samsung DLP via component cables and it will not let me change the aspect ratio on the tv. I have an Onkyo Integra DVD player hooked to another component input and it lets me change the aspect ratio on the tv.
Hope this helps.

Username: Phaedrus

Post Number: 5
Hello,
It's not a problem changing the aspect ratio of the TV...it's the Denon not playing different options on DVDs. Those options being screen sizes. Thanks.

Joe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us