Please help me select a pair of headphones

Bronze Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 21
I will soon have an H/K receiver and I would like to take advantage of it with a nice pair if headphones. I'd like to keep it under $100. All I know is the Sony's I see at BestBuy. I really want something that will sound amazingly detailed with stereo music while having an almost surround sound effect with movies.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 228
Brian...November issue of What Hi-Fi Magazine has a headphone shoot-out, Sennheiser HD555 and Phillips HD1500 came out tops with 4 of 5 stars. The Phillips are 3.5 times the price of the Sennheiser, the Phillips would have won but the 350 British pound cost brought them down to 4 stars

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 229
Panasonic RP-WF930 received 3 of 5 stars and were the cheapest at 60 British Pounds

Username: Meursault

Post Number: 10
You should really check out www.heaphone.com. They have all manner of great headphones and reviews of them all. If they offer a pair of headphones that is bad or overpriced, they tell you. I bought my Grado SR-60s there, and I love them. Any surround effect you might get from headphones will be because of the source, though. Usually, heaphones with gimics that say they produce surround sound are just that: gimics. If I had $100 to get a pair of headphones, I would look into the Grado SR-80s or SR-125s, though Senn's will be great also. But go to headphone.com. It's hands down the best online shopping site for audio products.

Username: Madmax_br5

New yorkl

Post Number: 3
i'd go with grado sr-80's if you don't care about bugging people next to you (they are not soundproof and are like speakers for your head, sometimes they piss people off if you're blasting techno and they're trying to sleep.)
I bought my grados through headphone.com as well

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 637
Brian:

Stretch your budget a bit and get these:

http://audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=GRSR125&product_name=SR-125% 20Headphones

Really superb headphones!

Enjoy!

Username: Djflannel

Crofton, Maryland United State...

Post Number: 6
Brian:
I have the best headphones in the planet for you at best value
Nady-QH560 headphones have amazing detail, and deep, rich bass.
I am a Dj, remixer, and trust me, you won't get better detail for the price.
Have 40mm drivers, open air design- meaning you don't get "hot ears", universal self-adjusting headband, velvet gel-centered earpads. Professional goldplated stereo connector.

Headphones run at $80 a piece, BUT if you shop online and buy them off of www.musiciansfriend.com , you can get TWO PAIRS for $49.99!!!!

TRUST ME- THESE BABIES WILL BE WORTH YOUR WHILE
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us