Small towers to match NAD C352?

gavin
Unregistered guest
After spending much of the last two decades with a wonderfully matched, home setup, my amp died a few months back.

I purchased a new NAD C352 amplifier, having previously been very happy with NAD gear, liking the sound, and reading stellar reviews. However, the new amplifier simply doesn't mesh well with the rest of my gear, so I'm on the upgrade path. I plan to purchase the new NAD C542 CD player, if we ever actually get them, in the US, but I'm a little on the fence about speakers. I'd like to stay in the $500-$700 range, and get a small tower - heavy speakers on stands don't mix well with kids and pets. :-)

Anyway, at this point, my top contenders are Paradigm Monitor 7's, or PSB Image 4t's. While the PSB's are significantly cheaper, I also am not able to audition them, since there isn't a local retailer for them. I've listened to the Monitor's, and like them quite a lot.

Anyone have a strong opinion regarding one over the other? Is there another obvious candidate in this price/quality level?

This system is strictly for music - no surround, no HT, just stereo. My listening tastes are all over the board with primarily Jazz and Rock - very little classical, so classical-level resolution doesn't necessarily concern me.

THANKS!!!

Username: Db2b17a

Post Number: 1
Those speakers you mentioned are on the mellow side. Some other ones are Energy and B&W. I recommend Energy, buts that's my preference.

gavin
Unregistered guest
After doing a ton of listening, I purchased a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze B4's. So far I'm quite happy with them.

The Energies were a close second, but didn't have nearly the bass extension of the MA's.

Thanks, though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us