Yamaha CRX E150 sound problem.

Username: Carton132

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I have a Yamaha CRX E150 mini-system, and it's a couple years old now, was an open box item, so there's no more warranty. One day I put on a cd and thought it sounded kind of "muddy," so I got closer, and with my ear next to the left speaker I noticed noise, a bit rough with some static, and the speaker was a bit quieter than I thought it should be (all of this was only really noticable up close other than just sounding "off"). So I figured maybe the connections were off so I rewired it with freshly cut and tight tips, same sound problem. I hooked up a pair of Sony MDR-V700 headphones to the front jack to see if it was a speaker problem or in the system hardware, and sure enough the left channel in my headphones had the same problem. The noise is not constant, with gains and losses in tandem with the music (no music, no noise). I also moved the system to another room to make sure it wasn't just funky interference from the rest of my equipment and it didn't help. Any ideas out there about what could be the problem? I really like the system, would love to have it back to it's old shape, but I'm worried a repair might be expensive enough to make me just ditch it and buy a new system. Any advice out there from people who've had to deal with repairs before?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us