B&W 603 and Yamaha 750?

Username: Ninjai

Post Number: 1
I'm looking at this combo and have not yet listened to it. What do you think of this? Do they match well?This is gonna be my first HT and somehow I have priority for these two brands. My room is not big, around 17 square metres. Also looking at the LCR 3 for it's cheaper.

Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 13
Depends how you like your sound.

Yamahas are bright, and so are B&Ws. May be too bright a sound for you, maybe not.

Username: Ninjai

Post Number: 3
Thanks Kano! I don't think I'm into very bright sound. I now begin to consider Denons, what about the 2803? I see the 2805 is out but a bit expensive.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 835
IMO I think NAD, Marantz, H/K, or Elite would suit better.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 815
I dont think the 603's are that bright. Closer to smooth and warm I would say.

nine
Unregistered guest
sir..i would recommend try marantz + B&W...they sounds great...

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 21
i got them and love the sound out of these so i can recommend elite with them the dealer where i got them had them with 3805 which also sounded good thanks

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 849
B&W 's are not bright. Landroval's description is correct. They would probably make that Yamaha sound about as good as possible. I have a dealer that demo's Elite with B&W and it's too laid back for me.

Bronze Member
Username: 514329

Post Number: 31
I have before a B&W 603 S2 & a 604 S2 and both did a side by side connected to a Pioneer Elite 49TX, the 603 highs are very bright and bass are boomy if you put it 12" away from the wall while the 604 are warmer and are better balance but if you are going for the 604 S2 or 602 & 603 S3, its a lot improvement than the 603 S2. go and check it out side by side.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 24
See when you take any higher model in the same range it is bound to sound better then comes the question of price the price diffrence in canadian dollars was 500 bucks between the 604 and 603 so for 500 i did not think it was worth the difference but anyways the sound quality is propotional to your pocket and ears lol thanks

Bronze Member
Username: 514329

Post Number: 32
then get the 602
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us