Female needs help again !!! Which subwooker ?

Username: Alaing

Post Number: 4
Hi you guys and girls if any,
I am very interested in buying the HK230 with polk RTi8 or RTi10 floorstanding speakers, polk center and bookshelf but the polk subwoofer I heard sounded really bad. I could not fell the low frequencies in my chest. I want a subwoofers that makes me fell its presence. Do you have any suggestions ? I am in Canada, have to find the product here...
Merci !

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 115
Salut Marie-France,

Scroll down to an older thread of mine with the subject line:

Sub in Canada for CDN$500 to CDN$1000?

for a discussion and what I ended up with.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 116
Also, if you don't mind getting your receiver from the US, look at www.borderfree.com and save some money. Receivers are much more expensive in Canada than they are in the US. For h/k receivers, look at ecost.com in particular. I'm glad I did.

Post Number: 5
Ok I went to see your thread and see that you've had quite an experience. I will look into your borderfree company and at the ecost.com too as soon as I can and let you know what I think.
Merci pour ton avis

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 118
Bienvenue Marie-France,

borderfree.com is run by (or with) Canada Post. It gets you a Canadian price with shipping, applicable duties and GST (TPS) included. No surprises.

If you are close to Rimouski, you can audition my h/k receiver and Hsu sub.

Post Number: 7
Salut Peter,

You know what, I am actually going to Rimouski this weekend for the Volleyball tournament. Maybe I could listen to your system and steal some good advise on my way ! What a coincidence !
Let me know

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 119
Marie-France,

I'm taking the day off on Friday to take my h/k and another amplifier (and maybe the sub) to a friend's house for some testing in Quebec City. But it's only a day trip and I'll be back by late night Friday. So everything should be plugged back-in on Saturday. I'm in the phone book in Rimouski; the only Galbraith, so I'm easy to find. Hopefully we could arrange a demo around your volleyball and the various weekend stuff I have to do (like driving my oldest to Gym class Saturday noon). Could be fun!

I always enjoy sound system demos anyway. :-)

So give me a call!

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 120
Marie-France,

Mon numero est 724-2709. Appelles-moi si tu veut durant la journee de Samedi.

Post Number: 9
Ok Peter,

Je t'appelle samedi

A bientot

monkey man jack
Unregistered guest
Greetings, its just my opinion, but go with JBL subwoofers. They have a really nice 350 watt 15 inch subwoofer.

monkey man jack
Unregistered guest
Or, go with the PSB sub sonic 7. It sounds really nice. (also a 15 inch).

edster922
Unregistered guest
Marie,

also look at JandR.com for the H/K receiver, the newer model of the 230 is the 235 and I think it's about $350 U.S. shipped.

I'd second monkeyman, I'm pretty happy with my JBL E150, it was a steal at $178 shipped brand new from eBay.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 278
Marie-France did all her purchases by now. Maybe she pop back in and tell everyone how it went, but she's very happy with what she has.

Anonymous

manwhore!

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 279
?

monkey man jack
Unregistered guest
Yo Edster922, how many watts is the E150? And what size is the woofer?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us