Velodyne cht-10

Username: Dmader

Post Number: 3
I just got a cht-10 and I am wondering how to hook it up. Is it best to use all the settings int he receiver or to control everything using the sub dials?

Also, this sub rocks for movies...how do people find it for tight bass (i listen to a lot of rock)
thanks,
dave

Bronze Member
Username: Nm2285

Delaware

Post Number: 36
For music, it's not bad. It's a decent value. There are certainly better performers, but very few in it's price range.

As for setup, you have to decide. It depends on your receivers features and your speakers. Play around and see what's best.

Post Number: 4
Hey Nm,
I;m auditioning the new Energy s10.3 and will do a side-by-side comparison in my place with the CHT-10. However, just hooking up the CHT-10 when using the reciever controls (H/K 525), it is so weak compared to the "Direct" setting on the sub. My old Mirage sub when hooked up through the reciever (Not on DIRECT) was loud as hell. BUt this CHT-10 even with the volume on the back of the sub cranked and the receiver setting for the sub as high as it will go, I am hardly getting anything. ( However, this DOESN'T happen with the smaller s8.3 I had at my place last night) Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Dave

Bronze Member
Username: Nm2285

Delaware

Post Number: 37
Make sure you have the "crossover" bypass in the on position on the back of the sub. Otherwise, you'll be using the crossover from the receiver and the sub at the same time.

I have a feeling you will prefer the Energy, but let us know!

Post Number: 6
hey Nm...here is what I can up with
Movies - I like the velodyne
Music - I like the energy.
I can get the velodyne with a 9 year warranty for $583 or I can get the energy with a year warranty for $630 (tazes are included in both). Chances are I will be getting a bigger place in a while, so for that I am leaning toward the velodyne.

Any thoughts or suggestions Nm? Anyone else care to comment? Does anyone have any experience with the energy s10.3?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us