Just got a Dual CS 503-1 and have some problems

Username: Exmonkey

Post Number: 1
Let me start by saying - i know very little about turntables, but I recently decided to get something to play my old vinal, and picked up this Dual CS 503-1 on Ebay.

I plugged it into my Cambridge Audio A1 amp phono sockets with the expectation of sitting back and listening to some great sounds - unfortunately it seems very quiet (and tinny) and plays at around 35rpm (rather than 33).

I have checked the belt and the two wheels and all seems fine. Any thoughts anyone? I hope I havnt bought a duff turntable.

Ex

Username: Exmonkey

Post Number: 2
update: I found outthat my integrated amp requires an optional phone sound stage for turntable use. I have now fitted it and it sounds fine - the pitch is still to fast though. Does anyone have one of these turntables? Is there a pitch adjustment screw or similar located anywhere on the unit?

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Often cleaning the belt and the drive rim under the platter will solve this problem. Use Isopropyl alchohol and remove the platter by taking the C-clip off the center spindle.

Silver Member
Username: Disco_stan

Minnesota

Post Number: 170
Marc would you have any specs on that table?

Username: Dualref

Spring, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
You can look at the Dual Reference Website, they have all the specs for most of the Dual turntables. http://www.dual-reference.com

They also list parts suppliers as well as repair facilities.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us