Ceiling speakers amp ?

Username: Ron6962

Post Number: 1
I have tried two different receiver/amps to drive 6 pairs of ceiling speakers. One Sony and one RCA, both 500 watt systems. They work for a while, then either blow an internal fuse (Sony) or give me "amp err" (RCA) error. The user guides do not help. Any suggestions? Thanks.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

What type of switch box and volume controls are you hooking between the amp and speakers?

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the response. I do not have a switch box....just a separate volume control in each room for each set of speakers. Most of the time the volume is off in all but 1 or 2 rooms. I have never tried running all the speakers at the same time, but would not usually want to do that anyway.

Anonymous

You need impedance matching controls or switching.
Or you need to get creative with the whole parallel/series thing. If you're running six speakers in parallel, you're probably giving the amp a heart attack because it's "looking" at almost a dead short.

Post Number: 3
Bingo! Thank you so much for the advice. I have now determined that is exactly my problem. The individual volume controls were not impedance matched appropriately for my amp. Thanks for the response.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us