NAD C320BEE vs C320

Anonymous

Hi,
Has anyone upgraded his NAD C320 to C320BEE? Can anyone comment on the sound differences?

I have owned the older C320 version for 5 years, and just caught eye of the C320BEE, which I am currently considering...

I will appreciate everyone's comments.
Thanx

nout
Unregistered guest
I haven't owned any of them, but from what I've read:
The NAD C320BEE is a (tweaked) improved C320 with increased power from 40 to 50 watts per channel, a stronger bass, more refined tone controls and better volume control.
I don't know if the improvements are enough to really consider the C320BEE as an upgrade from your C320.
I'd have a look (and listen) at the C352.

Anonymous

Thanx nout.
In fact I have had a chance to audition them both. I have borrowed it from a dealer for 2 weeks to break it in and judge. I've been breaking it in for 10 days or so, so it's total breakin time must have exceeded 100 hours.

In a word, they both sound absolutely differently, as though being not related whatsoever. BEE's bass is quite distigushed and most remarkable for its power. At first being too boomy, the bass has narrowed and become tight and well placed, forming a separate sonic stage, something that the C320 lacked. I pair them with my B&W CDM2 monitor speakers. BEE's bass is so powerful so you have the feeling as if you just hooked up huge floor speakers. After about a week of listening, the imaging and depth have expanded, and I have experimenting moving speakers further aside from each other. On the downside, the mids and highs are still harsh, but are being opened up. I am curious how it will sound in 2-3 months - my C320 shined after about 3 months.

These are just my first impressions. Shortly, IMHO the C320 has a well-articulate club-like sound, whereas the BEE version sounds more like a stadium. It gives me some additional sensation that I begin to like. Also, while playing the C320 I sometimes added bass which it often lacked - with the C320BEE I more often than not have an inclination to turn it down... :-)

More comments would be welcome.

nout
Unregistered guest
What sound do you like best? The club-like sound of the C320 or the stadium sound of the C320BEE?
When upgrading its important to know what you're looking for, or what qualities you've been missing all the time and are now on your priority list.

barry
Unregistered guest
just bought a c320bee recently...it takes at least 4 weeks before he gets 'near' to his real capabilities soundwise

Anonymous

How do you estimate it's 4 weeks? I do my breakin by fits and starts, with quite protracted idles when I have to be away. So I'd rather count it in hours. Could you figure that out?
Thanx

Anonymous

>What sound do you like best? The club-like sound of the C320 or the stadium sound of the C320BEE?
When upgrading its important to know what you're looking for, or what qualities you've been missing all the time and are now on your priority list.

nout,
I like the club sound best. But I also know what I am missing in my system, and it's now clear to me the c320bee has it - the bass. Then, I just wanna make sure the rest is at least on par with the older version.

nout
Unregistered guest
Good to hear you made a good choice, congratulations with your new amp!!

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 112
Anonymous,

Why don't you leave the CD player on repeat playing through the amp at low to medium volume to break it in continuously?

Regards,
Frank.

Anonymous

I did it during the first 2 weeks.

However, most people and reviews I've come across estimate breakin time in hours. So when people speak about the so much extended period like 4 weeks, I am very curious to know whether they do mean the CD player has to be on all the 4 weeks round the clock or not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us