Klipsch rf-25 or deftech bp10 for marantz

Username: Farl

DubaiUnited arab ...

Post Number: 1
I have Marantz sr7300, which speaker is good for this reciever? Klipsch rf-25 or deftech bp10. My first choice is klipsc but i'm afraid that it will be to bright for my marantz. I love Jazz music. and want great imaging.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1536
They are both bright, but should be tamed by the Marantz. At this point it would be up to you. Have you listened to both of them? I like the Klipsch combo with the Marantz.

Username: Triedit

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 8
I find it amusing that so many immediately proclaim Klipsch to be bright. They are very detailed and accurate. Most are not used to this so they just assume the sound to be bright. It is usually the electronics that contributes to the bright sound. I have heard receivers that made Klipsch sound bright. That same brand even makes Paradigm sound bright.
Either speaker that you mention is good so long as it sounds good to you. Marantz should be fine with either.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1547
That proclamation is based on my experience with the Klipsch line up and I've heard a lot of the RF series. They are detailed but they are still bright, but some people really like that sound and most people are used to it and they don't think they are bright at all, much like you.:-)

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 9
Berney,
What brand components were matched with the Klipsch. Basically what receiver or seperates.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1568
Outlaw Audio 7100 and a 950 pre/pro. Also with NAD T773, Kenwood KRF9070, Marantz SR 8400 and HK AVR 7300 and AVR 230.

DubaiUnited arab ...

Post Number: 2
Thank you guys, I will buy klipsch tonight and i will just give you an update after.
In Dubai we have only Paradigm panthom series which I don't like no monitor series, No Polk Audio, and the B&W 600 series is very expensive, the're price is doubled compare to klipsch and Deftech.

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 10
Berney, I have no experience with Outlaw, however, I can understand why you might consider any speaker as sounding 'thin' with the other products that you mention except maybe Marantz.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1593
Hal,
I can see you are a Klipsch fan, that's well and good.
I never said that they sounded "thin" nor do I think they are bad speakers at all, it's just that, not everybody likes them. I have the RF-7 and the RF35, they are awesome but...are you ready for this?...they are bright, not thin, not lacking in detail...bright!

Your experience and preference is different from mine and everybody else, after all this is a forum of differing thoughts.

Some like Bose and some just don't.

Just enjoy the hobby! I know I do:-)

cheers

Bronze Member

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 11
Berney, I have enjoyed the hobby for many many years. I am the one who used the term "thin" because that can be associated as bright to some especially when the wrong electronics are matched to Klipsch. What receiver do you use with the RF7's that you own?
Some of the older Klipsch's were bordering bright but I have never heard BP10 called bright.
My experience is definitely different from yours but certainly not from everybody else's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1601
Hal, I used the Outlaw Audio for the RF-7, sometimes the 7300. The speakers are now in storage but it will see the light of day again. I rotate all my speakers once in a while, or if somebody wants to drop by and want to audition something they are thinking of purchasing.

DubaiUnited arab ...

Post Number: 3
HI guys I'm back, I'd purchased the Klipsch Rf-25 and all I can say is wow! wow! This is the speaker I'm looking for. It is not bright. What I heared was a clear, crisp and detailed sound. Amazing speaker. Bass is a little bit weak but we'll see after break-in period.
Thank's for your messages, It helps me a lot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1606
Wonderful news farley forms. The RF series are definitely crisp and detailed, and should rock on for a great while. Enjoy your new toys.
cheers

Bronze Member

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 12
Berny, How many speakers do you own? I am getting envious.

Do they sound best when rotated 90 or 180 degrees?

No, seriously, what other brands do you have?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1607
Way too many, Al. And some haven't yet seen the outside of the packaging crate.
It's a disease, my wife tends to use the word "insane" a lot, but she has her money pit as I do mine.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us