Best Match for JBL Speaker Package SCS136SI

Carmelo Torrisi
Unregistered guest
Here's what I have:
Room: 12x15
TV: Samsung 43" DLP
Use: 90% TV/DVD, 10% CD/radio

I do not want to spend alot on speakers right now (budget $300-$400). I'd rather upgrade those later. So for now I was considering either:
- JBL 7-Piece Home Cinema Speaker Pkg - CS136SI, or
- Yamaha 7-Piece Home Theather Pkg NS-P236
Actually, when I was selecting the speaker system, one consideration was the center speaker being less than 4" high due to cabinet configuration.

As far as the a/v receiver goes (budget $500-$600 w/shipping), I'm considering either:
- Onyko TX-SR701
- Yamaha RX-V1400

Items of consideration include:
- Want high quality softer/smoother sound for movies
- Want enough inputs/outputs for DVD player, CD Player, VHS Player, Playstation, future DVD recorder, and HDTV output to my TV
- Do not need THX (but would be nice)
- Does not need to be really loud.

Carmelo Torrisi
Unregistered guest
Oops, I failed to list another receiver that I was considering. It's the Kenwood VR-7080.

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
Me personally I would get the first two choices. The Kenwood to me sound so awful. I would also opt for the Marantz 5400. That receiver has already had great reviews from Sound and Vision. 1)Marantz SR-5400 2) Yamaha RX-V1400 and 3) Onkyo TX-SR701. These are the one I would look at. But it really up to you. Your ears are your critics. Listen to them!

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 28
id really opt for the jbl cs160si. its a MUCH better package, its usually 499 instead of 350, but can be found on sale for 450. bigger subwoofer with more power, all the satillites have 2 woofers and 1 tweeter, instead of 1 and 1. after spending 3500 on a tv, another 100-150 on a better package isn't a whole lot.

instead of the 7080, have you seen the 7070a? its the one i have, far as i can tell its the same thing just doesn't have that ohh-so cool remote (still a nice remote) its 450 (can be easily found for 400) i have it and think it sounds great. the money you spend on this could apply to the better jbl surround package.

im running jbl nd310ii's and the cs160si for surround.

Anonymous

Thanks for all your help. I'll probably go with the Onyko 601 or 701 with the JBL cs160si speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us