Best Brand: Infinity, Polk, Klipsch, Axiom, Wharfedale, Athena

Username: Ryan1522

Post Number: 6
For a good mid priced floor/book shelf speaker which of these brands is the best. Ranking?
Infinity, Polk, Klipsch, Axiom, Wharfedale, Athena

Username: Ryan1522

Post Number: 7
Oh also throw in Paradigm and Cerwin Vega, anyothers? As far as midrange I'm talking $200-500 for a pair

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 142
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/16342.html

here's a thread you should read

Username: Chuck_m

Cincinnati

Post Number: 7
Hi Ryan - My opinion: Axiom - Athena - Paradigm. Don't really care for the others. Might also suggest Ascend & Monitor audio. Have fun!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1537
Honestly, the best brand is the brand that you love listening to and end up keeping:-) These are all exceptional brands, it is what you end up happy with that would be the best. Have you listened to any of these?

Bronze Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 86
What sounds good to you will sound less impressive to someone else. Berny hit it right on the nose....

Honestly, the best brand is the brand that you love listening to and end up keeping.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

Post Number: 101
No doubt...............the best is what your ears tell you!

Anonymous

how good are athena as-f2 speakers REALLY?

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 264
Ryan...If you can get a copy of the November issue of What Hi-Fi Magazine, they have a whole buyer's guide section in this issue, it may prove helpful for you. The best advice is to listen for yourself and go with what sounds good to you. I have Wharfedale Diamond series and they are superb speakers in a budget price range. You can even pick up the new Diamond 9.1's for the price you are willing to pay. Good hunting!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us