I finally bought Energy speakers!

Username: Bttb

Post Number: 6
At first, thanks guys for your help. I have been poting some questions here and got some good suggestions and advices. I'm grateful!

I have been looking for budget bookshelf speakers under $400 about 2 months now. Being a complete novice in a/v system, I had really hard time choosing speakers since there were so many speaker brands. To list some, I considered Ascends, Axiom, Rocket, Epos, Klipsch, Aperion, Swan Diva, Athena, Wharfedale, and so on! However, to me, Energy Connoisseur C-3 was the best looking speakers for my taste, and also I saw many positive reviews about them. The only reason that kept me from buying them was their price-$500! Yesterday, I went to Goodguys to audition some speakers and found a pair of Energy C-3 at $299!! I brought them home, and really liked the sound of speakers. I think they are the best speakers I can afford under $400.

In fact, before I bought speakers, I won a Harman Kardon 230 receivers from eBay auction under $300 shipped. I read some saying that Energy speakers are too laid-back for H/K receiver, so I'm little bit worried about their matching. The receiver should be arrived today, so I will try them myself. I hope they work together well. Is anyone using Energy speakers with a Harman Kardon receiver? I would love to get some feedback if someone has been using them together. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 91
It may just be me but if you can't have nutural, I'd like a more laid back than a bright forward sounding system. My Ohm's are a bit laid back and sound just fine with that receiver. Nice price on the speakers.
Good Luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us