To Outlaw ICBM or NOT?

Unregistered guest
I recently boutht the Elite VSX 53-TX receiver and the Elite 45-A DVD player. I have not heard them yet since I am still in Iraq, but I have a question on Bass Management. The 53-TX manual does not address issues with bass management while listening to SACD or DVDA discs. I don't have the 45-A manual, but online I read it does have bass management. My primary use will be in multichannel sound, for both music and video. Will I need the Outlaw Audio ICBM for bass management? Does anybody know if the ICBM improves sound in DTS or Dolby Digital formatts?
Does swithching even large Polk towers to "SMALL" help out with bass output? I am cornfused. PLEASE HELP!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1502
The 45-A's bass management is OK, nothing spectacular but it will suffice most applications but the ICBM from Outlaw Audio will do it better justice.
And no, I have not found it to improve upon the various digital formats, the 7100 I use, however, seems to show much improvement.
Switching the Polks to "small" just limits the frequncy going into the towers, some people prefer it, some don't, experiment.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us