Second zone on NAD T762?

Unregistered guest
where can i found info how to do this? how does the remote works? is it just to connect speakers on on the " speakers b" to my bed room or? does anyone know?
1.18 is my firmware...is there a new one? whats the different?
email me please if u know:-)
meshuggah75@hotmail.com
/Stay hifi

Username: Johnny

Post Number: 44
Kalle,

I own a 762, but have never tried to use the second zone. I just read through the manual a few times, and here is what I have come up with. The "speaker B" terminals are for the second zone. Connect your bedroom speakers to these terminals. This second zone is totally independant of the main zone...therefore, you could be watching a DVD in the main zone and listening to the radio or CD in your bedroom on the second zone. The volume controls are also independant. All of this is controlled by the second remote. Just take this remote into the second zone and press the power button, and then select your device. Hopefully, unless I am totally off, you should get sound through the second zone speakers.

As for the firmware, I have version 1.18 as well. I am not totally sure if there is another version available, but I am of the philosophy that "if it aint broke, don't fix it". My receiver works great, so I really don't have any need for a firmware upgrade. If you are having no problems, I would recommend that you stick with what you have. An upgrade would require that you unhook everything from the receiver, pack it up, and take it to the dealer...who will have to keep it for at least a little while (in the meantime you have no receiver)...and it is just a hassle.

Let me know what happens with the second zone. It would be nice to know how it performs in the event I ever want to use the feature.

Anonymous

No. the Speaker B terminals are just that, for a B-set of speakers. This is different than second zone. Say, in the same zone you have two locations of speakers. If you select both a+b then both will play. You will only be able to play stereo. For second zone, you need another amp.

Username: Johnny

Post Number: 46
Ok, well obviously I don't know what I am talking about in regards to second zone capability. I guess since I never have used it, I was ignorant of what its limitations were. I apologize if I confused anyone. Apparently I still have a lot to learn about some of this stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us