1500 wrms on a TI

Silver Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 270
i was planning on getting an amp that pushes anywhere from 2000-3000 at 1 ohm and about 1500 at 2 ohm for my 15" TI just in case i wanted to add another or something, buti have been told giving it 1500 is not a good idea, ive never heard of anything going wrong with this much power, at least anything that wasnt user error...what do you guys think? i could always set the gains lower witha DMM if i had to...

Silver Member

Post Number: 271
damn i didnt realize i was in the for sal section...my bad

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1411
Rockford Fosgate T20001bd.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 954
They are rated @ 1500wrms correct? (well they say 750w per coil). I think I heard someone say they will handle 2k easily if not more, but dont quote me on that.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 322
ya i was thinking the same thing donnie...i heard they can handle a lot

arent those 3hp? or is that the pro???

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 956
The TI has the 3hp, The Pro has the 4hp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 281
yea but i have also heard of the cones melting with too much power and the surrounds are prone to tearing with too much...so it seems the line is thin between enough and too much....idk ill let yall know when i get mine hooked up

Silver Member

Post Number: 282
donnie- they dont specifically say "per coil" but its understood that its that....but idk about 2000 easily....but maybe...we shall see :-)

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 962
Thanks for the info. I see what you mean about the surround, seems like alot of them fail. Looking forward to a review

Silver Member

Post Number: 283
of cours mane...i heard that while they can take the power thermally, they reach their mechanical limit and they tear, but that may be just a few cases, im not saying yoru wrong in saying they can take 2000wrms, im sure they can, i have a feeling its just people who get happy with the volume knob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us