GOT A DELL NOTEBOOK GIVEN TO ME

Username: Hollyjacob

Wrexham

Post Number: 5
BEEN GIVEN A DELL NOTE BOOK,WONDERED HOW CAN I CLEAN EVERYTHING OFF IT TO SPEED IT UP ANYONE ABLE TO HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Athena_

Post Number: 88
First... b4 you do anything back up your notebook that way all your drivers and windows updates are still there. Make recovery disks. I think dell takes 6 to 8 CDs in total. My daughter also has a Dell notebook and it took that many for me to do. to do this read this link

http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell/453164-dell-system-recovery-guide.html

If you have a windows OS system install disk(s) that came with the DELL then you're OK If you choose to reformat the notebook at anytime.

also backup any personal folders either on a CD /DVD or flash drive etc...that you wish to keep such as documents, music, pictures, video's or any other personal fold on the desktop or wherever.

I gather you want to UNINSTALL PROGRAMS that you don't use to make the notebook run faster... to do this for windows 7 PC's go to the start menu... control panel ... under the "program" you'll see "uninstall programs" Make sure you know what your uninstalling b4 going through it or you could mess things up if you don't know what your uninstalling.

You can also DEFRAG your computer too to make it run faster. First empty out the recycle bin on the desktop.... then go into start ...all programs.... accessories... look for the "system tools" folder.... then click on "disk clean up" depending on the amount of files in the recycle bin this might take awhile.... after that is done go back into the "systems tools" folder... and click on disk defragmenter... click on © drive and or any other drives you want to defrag as well.

I hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us