Unable to recognize HDTV using HDMI - Sony Vaio laptop Nvidia 310M

Username: Rick33525

Post Number: 1
I want to connect my HDTV to my Sony Vaio laptop (Nvidia 310M graphics card). I connect the cable to each, turn on the TV, set the TV input to the right HDMI connection, turn on the laptop, and try to change display settings. Only the laptop display is found. I've tried support for Nvidia, Sony, my HDTV, etc. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 968
are you using XP , vista or windows 7?

go to control panel > display settings,
there you can activate the second screen, that is, your tv screen.

computer-tv-cable 1. First you need a video cable for making the physically connection.

Most computers have an S-Video port that can be connected to the S-Video input of your TV screen using a very cheap S-Video cable (it’s round with 4 or 7 pins).

For better picture quality, you should connect the computer to the TV using standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable provided your TV supports these ports.

connect television 2. Open the "display settings" in your Vista or windows 7 computer and activate output to the TV screen. You can either mirror content of your computer on the TV or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.

3. Pick up your TV remote and switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the TV before turning on the computer as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

You may also need to change the screen resolution of your TV using the Display settings in your Control Panel else the picture may appear distorted.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us