Radeon Question with Comcast changing

Username: Rowdy6680

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I have an ATI Radeon AIW which receives Analog video.l Well comcast in my area will soon be switching from Cable A and B(analog) to one cable (A). I receive Basic channels already on my radeon card using cable B. Comcast tells me by phone I will need to "rent" a DTA card to continue to watch tv on my pc. I am wondering if there is any other way? I don't mind getting an extra digital box for my bedroom which is on the same cable B already, as they say 2 boxes are included, but I need to be able to watch tv on my PC as I spend a lot of time working at my PC. Any alternatives would be appreciated. I think he said it was $1.99/mo to rent the card. Just wondering what my options are. Thank You,

Dennis

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 455
It depends on whether all the digital channesl will be scrambled or not. If they aren't, you can buy a Clear QAM tuner. This will let you watch unscrambled digital cable.

Like you I have the basic cable with Comcast. I have a Magnavox DVD recorder that has a tuner which can handle Clear QAM. I am able to record the digital channels. I don't even bother with the analog channels even though both type of channels are coming in.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16836
how did this work out i wonder
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts