Video transfer from Camcorder to PC

Username: Gammelstril

Post Number: 1
From what I read in the pertinent forums there have been an ongoing problem with video transfer from a CamCorder to a PC. I have yet to see a solution provided but many suggestions neither of which explains my case. I have a JVC GR-D270 that takes a 4 pin end of a IEEE1304 cable (Firewire) with the 6 pin interfacing with the PC input. The PC runs XP professional. When the Firewire is connected to the CC I get a beep code from the PC and also when I disconnect it. This, to me, indicates that there is recognition by the PC. As for capture tools, I have Windows Movie Maker and also a WinDV with latest versions. When I select "Capture from video" option on the WMM , I get an error message displayed saying: "A video capture device was not detected". The same happens with WinDV.
This scenario seems to fit a large number of the complaints from users employing operational parameters similar to those above. Some cases appear to have been remedied when the SP2 was applied the XP. However I have not seen any comments regarding what if anything happened when SP3 was also applied. In my case both SP2 and 3 have been installed.
With a number of DVC tapes filled with mostly grandkids antics and birthday parties I would like to edit and preserve and copy all this for posterity. I hope that some of you learned members can find time to help me in solving this problem. Thank you.

Bronze Member
Username: Matthawkins

Post Number: 15
Can you try the camera on another PC?

When you connect it make sure it is in "play" mode. It may not be recognised if it is in "camera" mode.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Canada

Post Number: 5016
Check your settings

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/computers/649238.html

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16835
x2

Bronze Member
Username: Matthawkins

Post Number: 31
Gammelstril, "connecting a dell laptop to a TV" has got nothing to do with capturing DV from a camcorder onto a PC so please ignore the link posted above. You have the correct connection so the issue is either software or a camcorder setting.

Not sure what "x2" has got to do with anything either?

Did you give it a try in "play" or "vcr" mode?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16847
it means i agree check your settings....doreen knows her stuff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts