Computer won't boot up

Bronze Member
Username: Mattwedem

Post Number: 12
Hi, I recently got a foxconn G33m02 motherboard out of a Dell, some ram and a cpu from a friend. These all worked when I got them (they were all in the same pc). But when I try to boot it up the fans and lights come on but the screen stays black and it beeps repeatedly beeps twice. I tried resetting CMOS, swapping out the ram, Taking out the cpu, swapping the psu and the hard drive. It seems like it is the motherboard but someone told me if it beeps the mobo is still good. So I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if anyone could help me.
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 995
its your cpu. u got jacked

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Canada

Post Number: 5207
" they were all in the same Computer" yes but... is it the same motherboard. Your CPU may not be compatible with your new motherboard. and your RAM may not be either . Newer motherboards ( Dell, Asus, and others) have changed dual & quad core processors CPU.

also you can try this ...enter the bios, reset the setting to " default settings" save and exit. reboot ...The motherboard will then recognize any changes made to any hardware added. You can also try removing the boards battery with the system off, and replace it after about one minute, and restart the computer. The motherboard will then recognize the changes made.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16419
wow

Username: Vivilee

Post Number: 4
suggest you to change one.

gateway batteryhttp://www.digsell.com/batteries-chargers-laptop-batteries-gateway.html

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16831
hmm interesting

Username: Lisaee2001

Post Number: 5
I'ts not your psu or your hard drive. try this: unplug everything from your mothrt board, then plug in psu, check the cpu make sure no pins are bent as this often happens with beginners, make sure it's in the right position (mark on one corner goes to mark on motherboard) make sure it,s fitted perfectly. You don't need the cooler on yet as you will only be starting it for a few secs at a time. now make sure your ram is fitted correctly (try just using one stick in both slots alternatively). now boot up the pc see if it still beeps. if it doesn't install video card too. If you take your time doing it and pay attention the only other thing could be bad hardware or uncompatible ram.

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 706
nothing on the monitor at all?

if so... sounds like your video card or ON Board video is not working.
if its on board buy and new video card. if it's the video card again buy a newer or use an old one if you have one.

or check out these links for BEEP CODES etc...
http://http://boardreader.com/tp/Beep%20code.html
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

Username: Hansnielsen

Post Number: 1
Lots of things can go wrong when trying to get single components like this to work. Probably the motherboard or CPU has something missing.

Bronze Member
Username: Kevinwhite

Post Number: 14
I agree that your CPU is not compatible with your new mainboard, you should check if the mainboard support your primary CPU.

if it is ture, changing another mainboard or another CPU are both OK.

Username: Vtec101

Post Number: 3
I would agree that this can mean several things.I'm no expert, but I have had this problem with multiple computers that I have had, and here's what I would check:

1. Check monitor cable connection, make sure it's firm and the monitor works properly.
2. Check your video card and make sure it is properly installed and everything looks intact. If you have another card, try it.
3. Make sure that the CPU and RAM fit properly in their positions. Research the motherboard to make sure that the type of CPU and RAM are compatible with this motherboard.
4. Check your power supply and all of its connections. Make sure that every power connector that is plugged into something (especially the motherboard) is fully set in place. If you have another power supply that you know works, try it. If something is wrong with one wire, the whole thing may not function properly.
5. If none of this works, do some more research on the motherboard, and make sure every part you have connected to the motherboard is compatible with it.

Sometimes you have to play around with your connections and restart several times.

Hope this helps...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us