Mac Mouse

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1189
Mac Mouse problems? Willing to sacrifice the side buttons and the sideways motion of the ball?
My Mac Mouse is Mickey Mouse. The third time it began to malfunction that was it. It is difficult to take apart to clean, but than'll just clog again. Just like old-school 'ball' mouse.
Replaced with the 2nd cheapest mouse I could find with the Mac logo on the box. A very nice 1600dpi laser mouse from IHome.
Cost? All of 10$
So far so good, and it even has the push down button on the scroll wheel, so I can get to my widgets. For the price I'm willing to sacrifice the side buttons and side scroll.

Anyone else have a Mac Mouse horror story with a happy ending?

Username: Topcamera

Post Number: 2
The Mouse tab of the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane will not appear in System Preferences unless your Mighty Mouse is plugged in. If Mighty Mouse-specific information does not appear in the Mouse tab of the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane when your Mighty Mouse is connected, the computer does not detect the mouse on the USB bus. Try unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in. If it still does not appear, try the steps listed in article HT1720, USB Device Troubleshooting. Also check if another mouse is plugged into the computer--sometimes another mouse may interfere with the functionality of Mighty Mouse.

Thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15999
I use a Kensington Trackball. I never liked any of the mouse that came with any system.

Username: Oliverrichmond67

Post Number: 4
I had also the same problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help