Strange problem connection laptop to tv

Username: Yellow_holden

Post Number: 1
Hello all

Before I start explaining my problem, I just want to point out that I am an average user, so please go easy on me if I'd say silly things.

I am in possession of an Acer Aspire 9420 with a GeForce Go 7300 graphic card. Some time ago I made a connection between my HD-TV (Hisense) and my notebook with an s-video cable, so that I could watch anything from my notebook on TV. For the sound I used a cable with a normal jack (like you plug in on an iPod) for the notebook and a red and white jack for the TV.

Everything worked perfectly for months. I just had to push FN+F5 and the picture appeared on my TV. But suddenly it stopped working and now I can't get any sound or image from my notebook to my TV.

There is certainly nothing wrong with the cable or with the TV, because if I connect my camera with the TV using the same cable, I get picture and sound.

What's strange to me is that I use 2 seperate cables for sound and picture, but not one of them works.

What I have already done:
- Windows Vista reinstalled;
- most recent drivers for GeForce Go 7300 installed.
- In the NVIDIA configuration I can detect and switch to TV, but without actual results on the screen.
- In the NVIDIA configuration I have already done an automatic connection format detection, but without positive result.
- In my Windows configuration settings I tried to make a connection with a projector or other external display, but without results.

My question: help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us