Building a Desktop Computer.

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 167
Hello :-) I have been a member on the site for a while with the car audio section and wanted to check out other areas of the site. I was wondering if there were people who could direct me in putting together a decent tower. The tower itself and all the parts needed inside. Would it be better to construct my own or just buy one from a store? The main thing the computer would be used for would be online use. I play an online mmo game and surf the web on a daily basis. Online speed and graphics would be key in the set up for me. I would consider myself a novice in this area. Any help would be appreciated :-)

Username: Dimyself

Irvine, CA USA

Post Number: 4
While it's better to build it yourself since you have more control over what parts go into your computer, it's not something I'd recommend to someone who's never done something like this before. I learned by taking apart and putting back together an old computer first, after I got the hang of things and understood what I was doing, I was able to build my own, and custom build for other people as well.

Username: Flameangel

Post Number: 1
I'm also thinking of building it myself since it's really cheaper plus you have a choice as to how much ram,what video card or what processor you are really up to use it for.Though at Tiger Direct is where I wanted to buy my 1st barebone kit to assemble,I'm kind of thinking to upgrade their parts to something that I wanted like the memory module,to max it out.My friend told me that it's only the processor that is kind of risky to put to the motherboard,you really have to pay attention to it or you can damage the pins.Good luck on your venture and hope you'll have the guts to assemble one.

Username: Dj_lives

Post Number: 5
I have build a few in my time and yes it can be tricky . Just take your time and slowly place it into place. make sure you firmly put down the arms to hold it in place

http://www.fonerbooks.com/r_cpu.htm

link has pictures and instructions on how to replace it

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 869
I computer basically is very simple to put together...Im a novice well maybe a little more than a novice but when i took to it its very simple to figure out.

Basically heres the components you will need to buy to assemble a desktop.

If you want a inexpensive gaming system follow my advice

Get at least a 700 watt (power supply)

Get a (motherboard) with a 775 socket with PCI Express 2.0

Get at least a Duo or Dual Core Intel (Processor/Cpu) that runs at at least 2.5 ghz again 775 socket so it matches your mobo size slot

Get a (heat sink/Processor cpu, cooling fan) usually comes with the processor when bought.

Get at least 4gb's of (Ram/Memory) for your specified mobo

Get a (Video Card/Graphics card) with at least 512mb's of ram built in. Make sure its pci express 2.0 so it fits your pci express 2.0 motherboard

Get at least a 250gb (Hard Drive)
Make sure you buy a (Dvd Rw Drive )

And of course the tower to put it all in.

Basically your motherboard is what calls the shots, make sure the parts you buy are compatible with the motherboard. Then its just a matter of connecting pre fitted wire connecters and plugging it up and installing an operating system.

Sounds like alot but really only consist of 7 or 8 parts you just need to put together. If you can figure out how to put legos or building blocks together its about the same thing.

This dosnt explain how to put it together you have to figure that out yourself with research like i did but these are all the parts any computer has in it to make it run.

You can get them all and more at Tigerdirect.com or Newegg.com

Hope this helps, Later
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us