A Few Questions

Username: Wills94

OHIO UNITED STATES

Post Number: 1
I need some help.

What did most computers with windows 95 have as in RAM and Hardrive amount?

Is a 80gb hardrive a good amount for a Desktop?

When you upgrade RAM does it add on to the amount of RAM you already have or what?

And if you upgraded your hardrive and RAM in a Windows 95 computer,could you load Windows Vista onto it?

Username: Brokatoe

Texas United States

Post Number: 9
If you want to know how much ram and hd you have, just right click on my computer and go to properties. You would need to get the numbers off of the mother board of the system and look it up and see how much ram and what kind is compatible with that specific mother board before you try to upgrade. As far as Win 95 or Vista, you can use any operating system that you choose, just format the HD and reinstall the operating system of your choosing.

Username: Brokatoe

Texas United States

Post Number: 10
In reference to the last post, check out this weblink for requirements for XP and Vista. http://blogs.msdn.com/steverowe/archive/2007/01/22/how-much-memory-does-vista-ne ed.aspx

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9139
"And if you upgraded your hardrive and RAM in a Windows 95 computer,could you load Windows Vista onto it?"

If your computer was back when Windows 95 came installed on computers I wouldn't bother trying to run Vista. Vista uses lots of resources and is demanded on computers compared to 95 and XP. Windows 7 isn't that far away though...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us