Hooking Up A Cable HDTV Box

Username: Flavaone

Canada

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to connect my Cable HDTV Box to my PC, and was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I have a Dell 2407WFP 24" Wide Flat Panel LCD Monitor which is connected to my PC via a DVI-D cable. My monitor has connectors for S-Video, Composite Video, and Component Video. I have an Asus Striker Extreme Motherboard which has an Optical Audio connector. And I also have a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series Sound Card connected to my Creative GigaWorks ProGamer G500 5.1 Surround Sound System. On the subwoofer of my G500 sound system there's an Aux In connector. Now, on the Cable HDTV Box, it has connectors for DVI, Component Video, Audio/Video Out, Optical Audio Out, and a Digital Audio Out.

So far, I have connected the Component RBG Video cable from my monitor to my Cable HDTV Box. When I select the Component Video input on my monitor, I can watch Cable HDTV without a hitch. Only thing is there's no audio coming out of my sound system.

How should I go about connecting the audio from my Cable HDTV Box to my PC? Optical Audio cable from the Cable HDTV Box to my Motherboard or Digital Audio Out from my Cable HDTV Box to Aux In on my subwoofer (if such a cable exists!)?

Anyways, any help and input would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Flavaone

Canada

Post Number: 3
Or can I just get a 3.5mm Male Jack to RCA L/R Y-Cable. Hook up the 3.5mm Male Jack into the AUX IN on my subwoofer, and the RCA L/R to the back of my Cable HDTV Box. Would that be possible?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us