Mp3 - pc issue?

Username: Sluggp

Post Number: 6
I bought a mp3 player for my daughter for christmas. It doesn't need any software, it should show up as a flash drive. Well, my pc keeps asking for software and will not recognize it as a disk drive! I put this same mp3 player in my laptop and it worked fine there. Is there a setting or something that I can change? Im having the exact same problem with a digital camera!

Username: Db10

Post Number: 7
What Operating System are you running? Window 98 and Window 2000 (and even Window XP SP1) doesn't picked up all softwares. The mp3 player and digital camera should have come with some type of driver discs. Your laptop has a different Operating System than your desktop or is updated with the latest updates.

Post Number: 7
Laptop and Desktop both are running windows XP. Though the laptop is company issued so it may have a different version. The mp3 player did not come with any disc driver. Instruction simply say plug in, click and drag files. Is there somewhere to download an upgrade to get the pc to recognize this? I cant seem to find a driver for the mp3 player online either.

Post Number: 8
I also have SP2 on my desktop.

Username: Db10

Post Number: 10
Have you tried connected something that the usb recognize before to see if your usb port(s) is working? It's strange for two different items to not be recognized. Connect the mp3 player again and right click on the start button, choose explore, and check under "my computer" (click on the plus sign) to see if the computer recognized anything connected to the usb port? You may just have to use window explore to add files or remove files if us see it.

Post Number: 9
I think it recognizes that something is there because it asks for a disk for the "new device found". I can also hear the bell, when something is connected. I tried right clicking on the start button and it did not show up. This is so frustrating, I do very much appreciate you help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us