DVDR COPYING

Username: Blazen

Vidalia, Ga

Post Number: 5
I used a dvd recorder to record movies on a dvdr and I'm now trying to make copies of the dvdr using my laptop's dvd burner with no luck. I have tried using a dvd copier, muvee maker and windows movie maker. My laptop will play the dvd but that's all. any questions and suggestions???

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3336
Was the disc finalized? DVD Decrypter is the best for copying DVDs. ISO read, ISO write.

Vidalia, Ga

Post Number: 6
Yes, I did make sure to finalize the disc. I even tried to copy it and upload the info from a dvdr that I made sure NOT to finalize to see if that was why I couldn't copy it. It gave me some kind of error message each time I tried to copy it. I have tried using dvd decrypter, but I'm kinda stupid when it comes to this stuff, so I didn't really understand it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3347
Open Decrypter and in mode, click ISO read, let it copy the disc to the HD, then in mode click ISO write, select the file and burn to a disc.

Vidalia, Ga

Post Number: 7
thank you so much! I somehow managed to figure it out before I actually read this after searching and searching! I do have another problem tho. I made a dvdr from my dvd recorder and let my friend borrow the movies. When she put the discs in her dvd player it kept saying loading, and then no disc. she has played other dvdr's on there so she knows it will read dvdr's (that was my first question to her). I'm pretty sure the discs were finalized... they played on my laptop (remember I had burnt them using my dvd recorder). What could be wrong?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3352
It could be poor quality media. What brand of discs are they? It may be the recorder too.

Vidalia, Ga

Post Number: 8
i don't have the discs right here. but i made a copy of a disc for my sister using the same recorder and brand and she could watch it! :-) i'm confused...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13331
You also have to consider that some brand of DVD players are just not up to the task of reading DVD-Rs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3353
The best thing you can do for compatibility is use high quality discs, Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim. Stay away from verbatim discs that are made in India, there aren't too many of them, stick with made in Taiwan.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us