Sony Picture Package - Multimedia Flash Player Error

Username: Hem5840

Puckeridge, Herts England

Post Number: 1
I have been using Picture Package with my Sony camcorder for over 2 years with no problems. Last week I got a Sony Eriksson phone and installed the phone suite that came with it. This did not install well and took several attempts to get it to work. I am now unable to run Picture Package and I think the 2 are linked. I get the message that I need to have Macromedia Flash Player installed to use the software. This is installed and always has been. The title of the error box is SonyPotl. I have checked on the web site and I have Adobe Flash Player 9.2 installed OK. Can anyone point me in the right direction as I really need to get some video transferred to the PC. Many thanks.

Username: Ryank

I do not think it is your phone suite. I have been using the Picture Package for almost two years, and I am having the exact same problem. Have you fixed yours yet? I have uninstalled flash numerous times and reinstalled, still says the same thing.

Username: Hem5840

Puckeridge, Herts England

Post Number: 2
I have found the source of the problem! I have recently upgraded my Norton Antivirus to 2007. I had a problem with something else and Symantec gave me the instructions of how to completely remove it and revert back to 2006. I did this again and Picture Package immediately worked no problem. Didn't need to reinstall or anything. I need to get back to Symantec to see what to do as the upgrade cost me £50 and I need to use Picture Package!

Username: Pramod

Goto www.ppackage.com/e/download.html#dl

and download the latest version 1.8 of Sony PicturePackage. I had the same problem you had and now everything runs fine again

Regards
Pramod

Username: Maribago

Post Number: 2
The latest versions of Flash are incompatible with Picture Package. You need to uninstall and reinstall Flash 7.x. You can download the old 7.x from Macromedia in their Developer area.

Username: Vino

LondonUk

I have a problem loading picture packege which says that I need macromedia flash installed. I know that this is installed so hy won't it load up. I also have an IE7 problem which stops me swapping between different sites. I recently had the myzor trojan which I hope I removed with spybot, no problems since but could I have another virus or something wierd going on. I have XP would a system restore sort either of these out.

Username: Vramamurthy

Bangalore, Karnataka India

Hi,

As per Pramod's suggestion, I went to the web site that he has mentioned and upgraded the Picture Package to 1.8. That fixed the issue.

Thanks a lot Pramod. You suggestion was very helpful.

Cheers
Vinay

Username: Chipchap

LondonLondon

I have encountered all of the above problems for the first time this week after 2 years without problems. I have updated picture package menu 1.8 and now the menu only operates as far as 1 select images, 2 click to see selection and then when I attempt the 3rd phase..click to create the window simply closes and nothing happens? Advice please? I wrote to Sony and Pixela but have no responses. very reluctant to take 2007 norton antivirus off my pc.

Bronze Member
Username: Hansv

Post Number: 15
Picture Package Flash Update for Version 1.0 to 1.8.

If you're using Picture Package and have an issue with Flash, there is a download to fix the problem.

Username: Colinfw

Dudley, West midlands Uk

Hi All
I had the flash problem but resolved it with the dowload suggestion (thanks).But i still get a meessage on boot up of:
picture page menu
failed to initalise application
restart computer and try again (0-0)
press ok
If press okay the program will run but havent tried capturing etc yet
Any ideas?
Colin

The problem

Username: Prittyharruff

I am having the same problem. I think as a result of some update loaded on my computer, but I can not determine the source. I have run the updates on sony's site and still not working. Any other solutions out there?

Username: Kannonji

Post Number: 4
Information for all of you,
Don't buy any software or drive from www.imagemixer.net or www.picture-package.com!

If you lost ImageMixer or picture package, it's better to contact with Sony directly..

I called Pixela customer support, 1-866-749-3521, and knew that Richard Yates of picture-package.com is illegally copying Pixela software and selling on these websites! I doubt he is doing the same thing with Nikon or Adobe software..

It's so confusing 'cause he is using picture-package.com but Pixela guy told me ppackage.com is the right website for Pixela and Sony software.

Hans Vorstein must be backed up by www.picture-package.com or Yates himself 'cause he is promoting the site too much!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Hans Vorstein is Hans Vorstein. I don't care for or use ImageMixer. That software is old and outdated.

Username: Shlingles

Post Number: 5
I highly doubt the credibility of the post by Kan. It is most likely from a company called Target Cast which operates Pixela-1.com. Pixela-1.com likes to deceive customers into thinking it is Pixela Corporation but it is a reseller Pixela products, just like any other website. There is no way, for example, that a legitimate customer service operation would give out the personal name of someone and make such a false accusation that could be libelous. Shame on you Target Cast!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
You're correct Chris. The website for Target Cast is http://www.targetcastsoft.com. Pixela-1.com is listed. If you look, you can see that they're now trying to promote replacement software for unsuspecting Samsung camera users: http://www.digimaxmaster.com. The software supplied with Samsung cameras is Samsung DigiMax Version 4 but they have rebranded it to DigiMax Master.

Username: Richard_yates

Post Number: 4
My name is Richard Yates and I'm the owner and manger of Digital Relay Inc.

Digital Relay's clients include Sony Canada, Sony BMG, Nikon USA, Alliance Atlantis, Radium Entertainment and muvee Technologies, amongst others. We are also resellers for various products, including those from Adobe Systems Incorporated and ACD See Systems.

Recently, the above comments were brought to my attention and I wish to state that they are highly unfactual about myself and our business. The comments are an attempt to present Digital Relay Inc. in a negative light and to harass us out of being a legitimate competitor on the open market.

The ImageMixer and Sony Picture Package products are offered as a replacement part through Sony Corporation, of whom are a client of Digital Relay Inc. TargetCast Inc is outside of their legal limits to object to this. The parts may be ordered by contacting Sony's customer support through its official telephone numbers or websites.

TargetCast Inc. owned and managed by Nick Kovac, is a former client of Digital Relay's and is well known for misleading consumers and businesses into thinking they are Pixela Corporation. TargetCast is merely a reseller of Pixela Corporation's products and nothing more. In fact, Digital Relay Inc. ceased any further business with TargetCast Inc. as it considered its business practices unethical and illegal.

In addition, TargetCast Inc. is misleading consumers by pretending to act as a supplier of Samsung's replacement software, supplied with Samsung DigiMax cameras. This software is being sold by TargetCast Inc under the brand DigiMax Master through the website, http://www.digimaxmaster.com. They are also misleading consumers and businesses by listing the website samgsungusa within the TargetCast Inc. portfolio. Please see, http://www.targetcastsoft.com. For complaints, please contact the Samsung Legal Department at 201-229-4068.

If anyone has an issue with any of the products offered from Digital Relay Inc. through any of its websites, they may contact me personally by telephone or email as follows:

Email: richard @digital-relay.com
Telephone: (416) 931-1391

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Richard L.Yates

Post Number: 5
Wow, Mr. Richard Yates finally responed!!

I don't care if you have connection with Sony or so. I had a question about ImageMixer 3.0 on www.imagemixer.net before, and I direclty talked with Pixela guys in Japan, not in Toronto 'cause I am Japanese speaker.
011-81-120-727-231

Pixela people in Japan was very friendly and told me that they never know about Mr. Richard Yates and imagemixer.net and picture-package.com, and also told me YOU, Mr. Yates, illegaly copy Pixela's ImageMixer 3.0 from Hitachi Camcorder! And they also said that Nikon was claiming on illegal copy from your site!
I think you erased ImageMixer 3.0 from website recently... but how do you explain this issue???
Pixela people also told me that Mr. Kovac is the legitimate reseller of Pixela software, which I don't care so much.
They give me direct number to Pixela Japan. Some of them speak English, so try!!

011-81-3-5759-7811

I will contact with Adobe regarding the legality of your site later..

Post Number: 7
>> Mr. Richard Yates,

By the way, I'm just interested in why you are accusing Mr. Kovac so strongly. I don't care if he misleads customers 'cause I never bought products form Mr. Kovac. I had Imagemixer for Sony, but not works with my Vista. So, I asked Pixela in North Ameirca for the upgrade but they did not have the one. That is why I reached your website, www.imagemixer.net and found ImageMixer 3.0, whcih was claiming the Vista compatibility!! But the truth was not as I was told by Pixela Japan.....

I'm just curious about your relations with Mr. Kovac... it seems like you know him very well.. do you know his contact info? I wanna talk to Mr. Kovac to clarify the situation and also ask if he knows Vista solution for my Sony ImageMixer..

Post Number: 8
>>Chris,

I uploaded the evidence that Mr. Yates was selling Imagemixer software before.. sorry, this is black and white 'cause I was asked to send it to Pixela Japan by pdf.. I need to find better-looking one, but this must be enough to show Mr. Yates was selling Pixela Imagemixer!Upload

Post Number: 9
Kan. You are obviously Nick Kovac. And, your comments are childish and unprofessional.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
This forum is not the place to publicly flame someone just because you're pissed off about something. It's well known that Richard Yates worked for Pixela in the past. The contact information is above and if you have a problem, deal with it correctly.

Post Number: 10
>>Chris, Hans
You guys must be the same person because you two responded always at the same time.
How did you know Mr. Yates used to work for Pixela? I doubt you two guys worked for Mr. Yates or are himself. I googled richard yates and pixela, and found out Mr. Yates used to work for Target cast, not Pixela....so complicating but I only trust what Pixela Japan told me.
As Hans told, I will contact with Mr. Yates by e-mail and confirm if his word is true or not. I am not going to post any message until I clarify the situation.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Well, I just Googled richard yates and pixela also. The results have him associated with Pixela only. There is only one result for Target cast but its another posting by Nick Kovac... The Nick Kovac Blog.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
>>Chris,
I don't care if Mr. Yate worked for Pixela before or for Target cast..I'm only interested in if Mr. Yates is selling legitimate software or not. Let me know correct info about imagemixer.net. Is it legal or illegal to purchase software there?? I sent e-mail to him but no response yet.
BTW, the info of Mr. Yates and target cast is from Nick blog. Looks like he is in Japan right now, interesting..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
>>Chris,

http://newsblaze.com/story/2006012713300000002.mwir/newsblaze/SOFTWARE/Software.html

I got it from Yahoo. There is statement from Mr. Richard Yates of TargetCast Inc. So, he must be working or worked for this company.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
>> Chris

I just got reply from Mr, Yates. He is more resonable person than I thought. He told me that there was a business problem between him and pixela, so he stopped selling Imagemixer. He also said that his Adobe software is legal. So we can purchase software expect pixela stuff without problem!

But, I am wondering why Mr. Yates still using imagemixer.net and picture-package.com... It's really confusing for Imagemixer users like me.

I also got reply from Pixela Japan and they said that Mr. Nick Kovac of Target Cast is the legitimate sales agent of pixela software, and he can legitimately use the name of Pixela Corporation in North America. I guess there was a some business problem between Mr. Kovach and Mr. Yates before...
Anyway, pixela does not have any software for my Imagemixer with Windos Vista.. that's terrible...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Sony is the exclusive Rights Owner of the software. It can be ordered from the new site located at the following url:

http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/ecom/accessories/web/welcome.jsp

As a consumer, you can buy direct or, you can have it supplied via the same source via a registered dealer.

TargetCast and Pixela are beyond their legal limits to object to any registered dealers supplying the replacement software.

Bronze Member

For people experiencing a Flash Player Error, there is an update available from picture-package.com.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Chris

Username: Hamsterlover

I don't want to get involved in the flaming above but I searched on Sony Europe for my camcorder:
http://support.sony-europe.com/DIME/camcorders/D8/D8.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&sc=DIME &m=DCR-TRV460E

The link shown for additional software is clearly:
http://www.ppackage.com/e/top_ver10.html?site=odw_en_GB&m=DCR-TRV460E

I downloaded the update from there to ver 1.8 and the flash problem is gone.

Bronze Member
Username: Rainnaunseque

no need

Username: Nikhilbest

after inserting 3 blank cds i m getting d
samme prob dat "please insert a blank cd" any solution
plzz post

Username: Ta444

Does anyone know how to capture video using the Sony Picture Package Menu. I'm using Windows XP with a Sony Handycam DCR-HC36 video camera. I've installed the software and updated to 1.8 but don't see anyway on the menu to capture the video. The options that appear on my video camera when it's connected to the computer are memory stick, stream and burn vcd. I've tried all three but no luck and I don't see anywhere in the software that allows me to capture (load) the video onto the computer so I can edit and burn dvds.

Username: Learning99

La Porte, Indiana

Capturing Video - Its not on the PP Menu. You have to go to the program listing under Handy Cam tools. Go to the "Start" menu, then "All Programs", "Picture Package ", "Handycam Tools", "Video Capturing Tool". This opens the capture program.

However, the font used on the video capturing bottons are like antique or something and wicked to read. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would appreciate it .

Username: Geordie5439

Subject: Sony Picture Package 1.5 Handicam - Multimedia Flash Player Error
If you get the message that you need to have Macromedia Flash Player installed to use the software and you know that you have it installed, then go to the Sony Europe site and download a fix i.e.
PPMenuUpdateUS
This worked for me. Good Luck.

Username: Alienbetsy

below is the link to fix the sony potl for picture package menu, that did it for me

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/pixela/picpac/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us