New Vid Card for Asus av7133 Mo Bo?

Username: Wltdnfaded

Post Number: 1
Howdy.

I have a dilemna. I have an ATI RADEON 9200 128M vid card installed. After downloading the WRONG updates for it, it has now pretty much gone bye bye. Everytime I try to install the right drivers, I get the "Install VGA driver" message. When I try to install the card as New Hardware, I get the same answer over and over--"Windows could not install because specific file could not be found" or some bull like that.

So I have just decided to buy an all new video card. Here's my problem: My Asus AV7133 mobo is at least 6 years old. I beleive it has a universal AGP in it. What card can I buy that will work with this mobo? I'm looking at ATI 9600 or 9800 series. My machine has a 1G AMD Athlon processor and a gig of memory.

Oh, and yes, I did all the stuff that various sites told me to do about reinstalling my old hardware and drivers. None of them worked, so if you have any suggestions, I would be grateful.

Thanx,
JB

Silver Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 113
Its possible that somewhere along the line your motherboards drivers got screwed up and thats whats causing issues with the video card. The motherboard chipset has vga and agp drivers that are required for the proper operation of the card. There are graphics card driver uninstallers out there that will scan for and remove any drivers left over from a bad install or uninstall, and these are helpful with problems like this.
1.Clean all old drivers out
2.Reinstall your motherboard chipset drivers
3. reinstall the video card drivers from the original cd if you have to.

Username: Wltdnfaded

Post Number: 2
Thanx Ken. However, that just runs me into a whole new set of problems-- I do not have the CDs for my motherboard or my vid card. They're with my ex bf (don't ask, long story). I've dl'd drivers from the net, but I don't know if they'll work, and I probably will never find the drivers to my mobo. I can try, but...

Anyway, thanx.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us