XP Home network not working

Username: Andreolv

Post Number: 1
I created a home network twix a PC and laptop both running XP but they are not reading each other. I run Zonelabs but disabled it - still not fixed. Any help?

Bronze Member
Username: Spawn_2_extreme

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 12
which is ur main computer, 2nd are both machines running same OS, 3rd, are both machines hooked up to a router, 4th when u make the networking disc, and when u inserted the disc to the other machine what settings did u click on.

Bronze Member
Username: Appzalien

Cleveland, Ohio US of A

Post Number: 33
How about some more info, the more the better. Is it wireless, how did you connect the two, do you have a hub? You can't just plug an ethernet wire between two machines and expect them to communicate, you at lest need an ethernet hub between them.

Username: Emeraldskylark

Post Number: 1
I extend, first, my gratitude for your many helpful posts. Admittedly, I've personally come across many of your problem solving contributions. In my own troubleshooting, I came across many resources that summed up my final working result to PC issues. A post of yours, from this site, was one of many posts from several sites that helped. I started my research directly from the Microsoft Windows 7 Beta site.

Username: Revida

Post Number: 2
Check the network settings: Ensure that both the PC and laptop are connected to the same network, either through Ethernet or Wi-Fi. Double-check the network settings on both devices to make sure they're configured correctly.

Disable firewalls: Besides disabling Zonelabs, check if Windows Firewall is enabled on both devices. Temporarily turn off the firewall to see if it's causing any interference.

Enable file and printer sharing: On both the PC and laptop, enable file and printer sharing. Go to the Network Connections settings and make sure this option is activated.

Workgroup settings: Ensure that both devices are part of the same workgroup. By default, XP uses the "MSHome" workgroup. Check the workgroup settings on both devices and make sure they match.

Check network discovery settings: Open "Network Connections" and go to the properties of your network connection. Under the "Advanced" tab, make sure the "Network Discovery" option is enabled.

Restart devices: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve network issues. Try restarting both the PC and laptop to refresh their network configurations.

Update network drivers: Make sure the network drivers on both devices are up to date. Visit the manufacturer's website to download and install the latest drivers if needed.

thanks and regards
revida marcos
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us